ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question to valver owners

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Yup In an instant - probably get a Williams for the weekend too.

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah for sure

Would probs buy a Willy new. I remember a few years ago seeing a L reg brand new one next door. Allways loved them!

I would LOVE a brand spanker Ren 5 GTT as well!

non the 95/96 n reg they were over 15k !!!! add optional leather it cost quite a bit

but to answer your Q

i most definately would and be first in line too

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Absolutely yes! They still look wicked and put a lot of bigger engined hot hatches to shame. To me no other hatchback looks as good.

Only reason I bought a VTS was for reliablity being a newer car ( x reg ) , oh for hindsight! Ive had trouble with the Saxo.

Ill still buy a 16v as second car when Ive got some extra cash but Id love to be able to buy one new. I think I was born too late! If Id have been this age back in 95/96 Id have got a new phase 2.

Clio v6

Wow! Such a positive response from just 16 people. I wonder why Renault stopped making it with such popularity?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

LOL thats why we love our valvers/willy cause you rarely see them!!! quality motors!!

Titanium 182

yep

they were b4 my time really

but i rember when i strated secondary school in 1996 thinking my they look mint! full of character!

and i always wanted when finally was able to insure 1 when i turned 18 and went for it

i wish i could have owned 1 when they were on 30knot like my N reg on 100

but its still mint

96, bloody hell, id finished by then. feel old now!lol

and in answer to the original question, yeah, id probably buy one again.

clio 20v

hmm dunno i believe mine now is how reno shud have made it, i love it and dont believe a brand new valver would give me the same thrill

id always wanted one tho, there superb cars look mint and jus have character, even if i got another car id want to keep the valver, it makes me grin drivin it everytime u cant beat that

I wouldnt hesitate for a moment at the chance of buying a brand new one, but its never going to happen. I always wanted a 16V and loved owning it. Ditto my Williams.

People forget that hot hatches werent that popular in the early to mid 1990s and the 16V and Willy wouldnt have been the money spinners (not in the UK anyway) for Renault that the 172 has been. They were there to satisfy the enthusiast and mainly to bring in some kudos sales for the less sporting models in the range - such is the pattern today with the V6, or in ye olden days with the 5 Turbo 2.

Renault dropped the 16V when the Mk1 was given the Phase3 treatment - it was probably too expensive to tool up a new bonnet with a bulge, new arches and new bumpers.