ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions about Lowering

I have come to that time every boy reaches in his life when i want to lower my car. Now there are two options, either 35mm lowering springs or 60mm springs, which i cant decide between.

I could go with the 35mm option and be safe in the knowledge that there will be no rubbing, but i am worried that the difference will not be that noticeable. The 60mm option would definitely be more noticable but im worried that it will be too much of a drop and will be likely to rub, especially with people in the car.

Has anyone with the new model clio lowered their car 60mm with 17 inch alloys and have they had any problems resulting from it? I dont want to get the springs on and then regret it. And if it was rubbing what could i do to fix it and more importantly how much would it cost?

Cheers

i went 40 mm on 17s and it looked the dogs fair play no rubbin anywhere even with 3 people in the back

i think 60 mm wud be to low :cry: but thats just my opinion

Lionel Richie

Sorry i need a rant!!

60MM ON 17S IS FINE!!!(AS LONG AS THE OFFSET OF THE 17S IS ET37)

POOFTERS LOWER 35MM!!!

Lionel Richie

Bisexuals???? Ha!! Na im only messing, each to their own and all that!!

We all know i like me low cars!!!:D

Burgandy 174 sport t

ooops just a wee bit, lol. will talk tya next time for deffo, only one i really spoke too was yoz!! but then he talks to everyone!

But surely lowering 60mm must rub with 5 people in the car? What would i be able to do to fix it if it did start to rub?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

110mm doesnt rub with 5 people in the car (well only on full lock)

60MM ON 17S WITH 5 OF THE FATTEST BUGGERS ON THE PLANET AND IT WONT RUB!!!!

Fred (on Has forum name)