ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick bonnet question

In order to push out a dent in a 172 bonnet does the bonnet have to be taken off, or is it left on the car?

Reason I'm asking is recently I had a small dent (caused by the previous owner pushing the bonnet shut - in the middle at the front) removed by an accident repair place. Today I noticed that the bonnet is not sitting right - its slightly too high on one side/too low on the other, and the gap to either headlight is uneven.

So I'm wondering if they did'nt put it back on quite right....or its just always been like that and they never took it off!

Right. Cheers Edde. I'd assumed that they would have done it in place tbh.

Just wanted to have a few facts so I don't get fobbed off when I ask some choice questions tomorrow.

Have you heard of Clio bonnets being a bit skew-wif before?

Just wanted to have a few facts so I don't get fobbed off when I ask some choice questions tomorrow.

Yep quite a lot just thinking about it the Clio I was looking at todays has a wonky bonnet (won't have helped as its a crash damaged one so not original).

Yep quite a lot just thinking about it the Clio I was looking at todays has a wonky bonnet (won't have helped as its a crash damaged one so not original).

Hmmm... I thought as much. Mines never had a shunt but I think I have another explanation:

Just had look in the documents - the cars original bonnet was replaced by the dealership when it was bought new due to a 'paint fault'. Shame they didn't put it on straight! :rolleyes:

Chocolate Bar™
the renault bonnet is really easy to adjust to sit straight if you have a little play around with it.

a carbon bonnet however is a whole different game, as the holes are very rarely lined up correctly by the manufacturer