ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Clean and some better pics of the HR's

Not a 320d
Meh, poor lighting doesnt eactly help so the pics still aint great, i will be setting the ride heigh up tonight i think. Just look at the colour differences between the body pannels ! :(

Ive stopped using the foam lance after about 3 years, its great, and produces lots of foam and all but ive never been able to get it to cling to the paintwork and ive always found the areas i spray using a bottle sprayer to ber far more effective. So i used a garden sprayer filled with snowfoam and a bit of 901. Car is coated with Zymol Carbon due to being so cheap/winterwax.

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

mods : HR coilovers, and 20mm HR Track+ spacers on the rear.

Not a 320d
Yer pretty chuffed with it now !! Very comfortable ride bar big potholes in the road. Struggles to get over the bigger speedbumps but its pretty good really. Looking forward to belting it round corners but it feels a lot more planted even after 2 days.

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
Good pictures... try putting wheel spacers in the front too XD then you will note the diference @ high speed at the cost of agility in small corners.

Are you liking the coil's H&R? confortable?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Sorry if this silly but what is the "Malta" GT about?
I thought you were from Malta lol

Not a 320d
Good pictures... try putting wheel spacers in the front too XD then you will note the diference @ high speed at the cost of agility in small corners.

Are you liking the coil's H&R? confortable?

I have a set of 20mm spacers spare, they dont look right on the front, so im leaving it as it is.

Hey this looks very good, but you'll be the rear set more down you said ?!?

Might do when the weather gets better, cant really be arsed at the moment.

Not a 320d
shoved an ITG filter in there today, hasnt made much difference but i knew it wouldnt, after fitting a K&N to my old 1.2, id go as far as saying its letting the engine breathe more freely and theres more noise at high revs, the engine does seem to want to pull a bit more from mid range. Worth it? meh its made some difference.

if anyones interested, the 197 filters fit the GT airbox.

IMG00115-20100223-1651.jpg

Next up - Remap and if i can figure out what brakes go on there, hopefully some brembo high carbon discs and ds2500's.

Not a 320d
I quite like the 16's. i was thinking about getting a set of turinis (yawn) but im undecided about putting it on 17's now.

Its becoming a fun car to drive now ive had a chance to drive it properly at night in the dry. I dont know why jason complains about fuel either, ive been taking it easy and on a 15 mile trip ill return no less than 34, average 36-38 and get highs of 43mpg.

Definately pleased with the filter, seems to rev more freely.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stick to 16's please!

Looks great and there is no difference in the colour of the panels, the car actually looks great colour wise.

Mk4 .:R32
Looks better than a 200...well the front end does at least.

What are the performance figures like on the clio 1.6 GT?

Not a 320d
Looks better than a 200...well the front end does at least.

What are the performance figures like on the clio 1.6 GT?

9.3 to 60mph.

128bhp and 155nm, or 114lb-ft i think.

Performance as standard is pretty poor, awful torque and power delivery. engine really has to be worked but its actually pretty fun sometimes. Driving in traffic is frustrating, the clutch is slow as s**t and has a very strange biting point, i can only describe it as being....not accurate and very slow lol. Gearbox is okay, same one from the 197 with different ratios i think.