ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A sunday afternoon cleaning RDR's Artic

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I'm always honest mate. Your paint always looks so slick and glossy.

Glasur is lovely. I love it's old school nature and partial fussiness.

I'll let you into a secret, Zymol made it better than it probably should be price wise. Ie it'll outlast a lot of it's more expensive sisters, concours, destiny etc.

Carbon is a great alternative.

If I was spending £109+ again, i'd be looking at Swissvax Shield, used if possible. Personal opinion after using hundreds of waxes.

I actually had Shield topped with Glasur at the first CSS!

Shield is fantastic. Nicest wax ive ever worked with but Glasur I think edges it due to its mental beading & water behaviour

Carbon is a great wax also especially for its price

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm always honest mate. Your paint always looks so slick and glossy.

Glasur is lovely. I love it's old school nature and partial fussiness.

I'll let you into a secret, Zymol made it better than it probably should be price wise. Ie it'll outlast a lot of it's more expensive sisters, concours, destiny etc.

Carbon is a great alternative.

If I was spending £109+ again, i'd be looking at Swissvax Shield, used if possible. Personal opinion after using hundreds of waxes.

I actually had Shield topped with Glasur at the first CSS!

It's going to be a tough decision I can just tell lol

I do like the idea of being the owner of some swissvax though :)

Zymol carbon is very good mate. £52 a pot. Ill bring swissvax mirage over next time

Yeah that would awesome mate :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Glasur water behaviour is insane. Freshly applied it sheets faster than a lot of ceramic sealant.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It's going to be a tough decision I can just tell lol

I do like the idea of being the owner of some swissvax though :)

Yeah that would awesome mate :)

Aw mate ive been so close to buying swissvax Crystal rock but at £800 a pot.....Might have to get a 50ml pot soon even thats £220 lol

Looks great, nice work there :cool:

Gotta laugh at all the mate mate business going on! Alright mate ? yeah sweet mate!! You mate? ;)

Looks fantastic!

Quick note, both; that's too direct sunlight to be DAing. Your polish, regardless of what it is, will dry out very quickly and is likely to marr the paint further in those conditions. Tripple may be OK at a push, but just for future reference, don't try correcting in that spot if the sun is out.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looks fantastic!

Quick note, both; that's too direct sunlight to be DAing. Your polish, regardless of what it is, will dry out very quickly and is likely to marr the paint further in those conditions. Tripple may be OK at a push, but just for future reference, don't try correcting in that spot if the sun is out.

Cheers JD. Noted.

It's shaded in the late afternoon so I'll wait until then next time ;)

Cheers JD. Noted.

It's shaded in the late afternoon so I'll wait until then next time ;)

Out in the open is just fine fella. But (and this is only judging by the photos) direct sunlight on the rear window and the white balance of the photos would suggest it was perhaps a little to early in the day ;)

Need to go for another beer buddy. I've got a couple of "weekends off" coming up, so will organise and strategise my friend.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Any close ups on the panel after tripple? Curious to see how it worked on any marring and minor works.

I also have a 50ml sample of Zymol Glasur I keep meaning to sell on if your interested

Any close ups on the panel after tripple? Curious to see how it worked on any marring and minor works.

I also have a 50ml sample of Zymol Glasur I keep meaning to sell on if your interested

By hand it mainly fills, by machine it does have a minor amount of cut.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Out in the open is just fine fella. But (and this is only judging by the photos) direct sunlight on the rear window and the white balance of the photos would suggest it was perhaps a little to early in the day ;)

Need to go for another beer buddy. I've got a couple of "weekends off" coming up, so will organise and strategise my friend.

That sounds like a plan mate! Enjoyed our last one albeit a swift one.

Fat Dave wants to go down the GI again (I think he fancies that cute barmaid) so we will have to arrange a night.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

I've only got the camera on my iPhone but I'll get a couple of closer shots when I get home.

I will definitely be interested in the pot of glasur mate.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Sheets wonderfully for a wax!

Good work. I can't wait to get detailing again.

Its top notch. Swissvax waxes do tend to feel more special but zymol wins everything else

Cheers bud it was good fun. I need to invest in a DA :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
That looks lovely mate, im starting to love arctic again, i remember why i chose it now :)

It's a stunning colour when it's at it's best on a sunny day.

Mine really does need a proper correction doing at some point.

I'll try and talk Scrooge into helping me out one day this summer :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That sounds like a plan mate! Enjoyed our last one albeit a swift one.

Fat Dave wants to go down the GI again (I think he fancies that cute barmaid) so we will have to arrange a night.

He's well eager to get in her like a sleeping bag but he's like a little boy. Won't get anywhere near it before he bottles it and hides in the toilets lol Oh and any time on the correction dude, we'll get that spoiler sorted first :)

Yeah I missed her I think!
#

She was quite nice, we was chatting then FatDave kept going silent when she walked by. She's not the typical skanky type of barmaid.