ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick CV Boot question

Big 'T'
So iv found out i need to order the motrio boot, does this mean taking the drive shaft out or will it stretch over?.. its the outter boot on the passenger side.

V70 d5 beast
if its a nice rubber one should stretch over, the plastic ones are crap for stretching lol
you can fit it with the driveshaft on the car but tbh if it was me i would just remove it and do it on a bench, much easier but frm what i remember you need to remove the end cap witht he bearings in to get the new boot on.
someone else may be able to put some more light on this wether this si correct or not

Big 'T'
Thanks got the reply, all help is much appreciated.

I don't really want to take the drive shaft out because I have never done it on a Clio and can't really afford 4L of box oil... But if it's easy I might be tempted. Any one know if there is a guide on here?..

Cheers

Big 'T'
Hello, sorry to pester but im going to be doing it this weekend. Is it a must that the drive shaft needs to come out when fitting a Motrio boot to the passenger side?

Cheers

Ph2 172
Is this Motrio one stretchy? If so, you dont need to remove the driveshaft completely, just the Hub off the cv joint. I fitted a universal stretch boot to a 1.2 passenger side a few weeks back. A fitting cone is a must!

iirc.... you dont lose the gearbox oil when you remove the passenger side shaft.... think the outer part of the inner joint stays with the gearbox.