ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Microsoft exam Q

I'm currently studying for an MCSA and the next exam I was about to study for was:
70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional.

On looking on the microsoft MCSA website, they have now added a new exam for windows vista, which I could do instead. I guess if possible i'd be better doing this as ovbiously its more up to date. The question I've got is that the XP exam only requires one e-learning course where as the vista one has 3 'collection courses'.

I'm guessing I'd have to do all 3 of these collection courses before I could take the exam, but a training provider I spoke to recently said I would only need to do one of the courses, but tbh I don't think the guy was right clued up. Also, for other exams it will say you need course X AND/OR Y but these don't state that.

Can anyone clarify whether I'd need to do all 3 or not?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

Ta

cock mobile.
You don't need to do any training if you don't want to.

You could rock up to a testing centre and just sit the exam if you wanted to.

Fiesta ST
dunno but the 70-270 is pretty easy tbh just do that one :) 70-290 and 70-291 are the tougher ones :) GL though as i've just got my MCSA a couple of weeks ago!

I know I can just roll up and take the exam, but I'd probably fail lol. Already done 290 :)

Might do 270 then the upgrade exam later on once i've got a full MCSA.

Congrats longy.

Fiesta ST
Well if you done the 290, 270 should be a breeze although the 291 arrghh - subnetting and supernetting with binary numbers lol

Yes, not looking forward to that lol. Already did some binary at college but I forgot it now :(