ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick one please guys and girls

172 clio ph1
Am I correct in saying that the Trophy is the 182 that is stripped of its luxuries...

As someone said its the cup models that don't get any aircon etc etc.

182Cup is free of the s**tty auto toys that don't work. 182Trophy is the same but has Recaro chairs and a better suspension. Both have AC.

172Cup = car

182Cup = car + ABS, cruise, speed limiter, AC.

182 = car + climate control (lol), auto wipers (lol), auto (lol) xenons, plastic chairs + better door cards + some different plastics.

182'FF' = 182 +Cup suspension and spoliers.

172 clio ph1
Thank you. :D Just when I was looking at buying a 182 got told that if I didnt mind not having the luxuries to go for the trophy. Didnt realise the 172 cups didnt have the bits as all the ones I actually went to view did have air con and I dont really call traction control a luxury anyway. :D

But thanks anyway.

RB 200 Cup!
172Cup = car

182Cup = car + ABS, cruise, speed limiter, AC.

182 = car + climate control (lol), auto wipers (lol), auto (lol) xenons, plastic chairs + better door cards + some different plastics.

182'FF' = 182 +Cup suspension and spoliers.

mine all work fine and are great - bad past experince roy?

172 clio ph1
It wasnt for me, it was an arguement that I kinda lost too... lol I love my ph1 172 and it has all the goodies for me,only luxury I wouldn't be without is my aircon. :D

btw what are the proper 0-60 times as I have searched and found figures all over the place. Been told by a few friends that its at least a second slower on paper than there CTR, however if its that much slower, WHY can't they get past me. :D

Thanks... I have recently found myself getting all defensive of my little car.... shocking really as it was meant to be a stop gap between subarus. :D

They are slower than a CTR on paper, and on a long stretch the CTR pulls away from the clio, but when it comes to a corner the clio wins all day...

mine all work fine and are great - bad past experince roy?

Not personally, no. My mate's hero-182 needs all of these auto functions fiddling with more than my Cup. The auto xenons come on, but not off, and flicker randomly. The auto-wipers, come on, and stay on. The lamp washer jets leak all over the drive. The climate control needs fiddling with more than my AC.

It's a nicer place to sit but, on balance, the 'toys' are a pain in the ass.