ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question for 182 owners

Nimbus Grey 197
Now sorted (ignore) Quick question for 182 owners

Hey guys, having only had my 182 for a few days i have a question which i cant find the answer for in the owners manual.

Every so often when i lock my car it makes 3 loud beeps (the alarm im assuming) strange thing is, it only doesnt rarely and it hasnt done it enough for me to realise when or why it is doing this?

It does have a different headunit fitted, with sat nav etc, wondering if this might cause it, but still dont understand why it only does if every so often?

Anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Woza.

Last edited:
  clio 172
i think i beeps if a door or the boot is left open.And when u open the car and beeps it means yhe alarm has gone off

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
no, it's one single beep if you have a door or bonnet open

mine beeps 3 times if i unlock it and open the door too quickly

Chelsea tractor
3 beeps is when the interior sensors are disarmed. It does this if you turn the key to the on position and then off twice within about 10 seconds ;)

Its the time difference between turning off the engine an opening the door... too quickly and it'll confuse the alarm. It thinks the ignition is still on so beeps 3 times to tell you

There's a modification Renault can make to the alarm to prevent this, ive had it done to mine and its spot on now, not done it since.

edde made a thread on here somewhere with all the details.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah if you do everything to fast it gets confused, same as if you open the door at the exact time you open it the alarm goes of.

Nimbus Grey 197
ok now im confused, i read the other threads with regards this and people were saying to take it in to the dealer to get fixed because it meant the ecu though the engine was on.

do i need to get it fixed or just slow down a bit?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd say if it takes you less than 5 seconds to switch of then lock up yes.

Clio 182
Mine does that if you lock/unlock quickly, or with a door open, though sometimes it only beeps once. It makes a different beep if you leave an indicator on. Doesn't seem to be a problem, I assumed it was some sort of reminder the car hadn't been left 'safe'.

Nimbus Grey 197
otherwise just leave it?

Its a new car, just get worried about it!

im going to try it again now try turning on the engine turning it off and then locking and see if it is a time issue or not

otherwise just leave it?

im going to try it again now try turning on the engine turning it off and then locking and see if it is a time issue or not

its definately a time issue. The alarm receives information that the ignition is still on, therefore the beeps.

there's a fault code knocking around somewhere to supply the dealers to fix the problem, ive forgotten it now but had the mod done a few months back

Nimbus Grey 197
otherwise just leave it?

its definately a time issue. The alarm receives information that the ignition is still on, therefore the beeps.

there's a fault code knocking around somewhere to supply the dealers to fix the problem, ive forgotten it now but had the mod done a few months back

think i might check it in just for peace of mind, dont really know if it will damage the alarm, just want to sort it out, new car and all that!

Black/Gold 182
mine does it pretty much everytime. Can't be ar*ed to get it fixed. Knowing the Renault muppets they'd probably break something else anyway.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108782

im assuming its the one on there "RS 15" ?????

Yes
Another common problem is when you lock the car the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times.
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

This has been written about numberous time and there a thread I've wrote here all about it.

However its read only for members however the text you want is

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

Nimbus Grey 197
This has been written about numberous time and there a thread I've wrote here all about it.

However its read only for members however the text you want is

'RS+15'.

phoned four dealers today and not one of them had a single idea about what i was going on about and neither of them had ever head of the so called renault alarm help line!!!

Nimbus Grey 197
took it to the dealer this morning, who informed me that it is a problem with a bonnet catch thinking that the bonnet is open, i said about it being a timing issue and they said the diagnostics pin pointed the problem to the bonnet......strange i think. the part has been ordered and they will ring me once its in, will only take 30mins to fit and they will do it in front of me so i can see exactly what they do!

its all under warranty which is good so i wont have to pay for it!

^^sounds like a cue for the usual "dealer still can't fix my car" style threads :(

Perhaps they are right, but something tells me not.