ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question on inlet pipes and filters

Clio 182
Hi

Quick question...I currently have a factory standard 182 and want to know how much noise/performance gain I could expect from fittling a new inlet pipe (samco) and filter (ITG/K&N)?

Looking more for noise than performance.

Thanks
Stu

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
A new inlet will give no gains in performance or noise . If your looking for noise with a filter look at maybe k+n or green cone filters , but they can suffer from heat soak if it they are open in the engine bay .

I have a bog standard k+n cone filter in a custom made aluminium enclosure using both the original air feeds . It sounds good when you boot it , nice and deep plus theres no loss of power due to any excess heat ;)

I wouldn't pay alot of money tbh mate for a filter . I got mine new off ebay for £20 delivered , it was just listed as a k+n cone filter , not specifically for a clio 182 but it was the size i needed .

KN5aSmall.jpg

KN3aMedium.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
A new inlet will give no gains in performance or noise . If your looking for noise with a filter look at maybe k+n or green cone filters , but they can suffer from heat soak if it they are open in the engine bay .

I have a bog standard k+n cone filter in a custom made aluminium enclosure using both the original air feeds . It sounds good when you boot it , nice and deep plus theres no loss of power due to any excess heat ;)

I wouldn't pay alot of money tbh mate for a filter . I got mine new off ebay for £20 delivered , it was just listed as a k+n cone filter , not specifically for a clio 182 but it was the size i needed .

KN5aSmall.jpg

KN3aMedium.jpg

i really like that :D