ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Question

Hi there,

Just poped my Clio in to Renault today after vibrations coming through on the steering wheel over about 50mph, aswell as the steering feeling a bit "light" going to the right.

Received a phone call after 2 hours saying that i have impact damage. List as it would be (Wheel buckled, Hub bent, Hub bearing noisy also due to impact damage all components will need replaced. Whell, Hub, Bearing kit, Driving Flange, Lower arm, Strut and 4 wheel alignment carried out).

Truth be told i had cliped the path going in to work which hadn't been gritted or snow removed after 2 weeks, i was only going under 10mph as there is a childrens play area near by so was most certainly wasn't going fast! Is it possable to of done that much damage when the alloy it self hasn't got a mark on it?

Price total over £500. Being only 17 and earning very little i can't see me driving the car for a while :( and i can't claim anything of the insurance and wouldn't want to go down that path anyway. But aswell as the car only being 4 months in my ownership.

What do you's think? going to get my girlfriends uncal to check it he fixes cars so he will know if thats honestly happened.

Many thanks

Liam

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
In my old clio I caught a curb in the snow at night and it didnt leave any marks or anything until i had a look in the morning and the damper strut had bent....

I was only doing no more than 5mph...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
No offence but if you cant afford a £500 repair to an 08 car then you probably shouldn't have bought it imo. That sort of bill is nothing compared to the amount you have paid or are paying for the car.

You could claim through your insurance but at your age it probably isnt worth it with high excess, loss of ncb, accident on file etc.

Da

Less
For that amount of damage/work, £500 is a very good quote!

An alloy alone would be circa £150 brand new.

Yes parents will be beged lol early christmas pressie i think :) :L but honestly wouldn't of thought such a small knock would do that though :/