ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Release Boss for Sabelt Wheel

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'm wanting a SABELT wheel for my 182, but really like the idea of a Quick Release wheel too. I know where to buy the Sabelt from, but I'm absolutley clueless with what boss I'd need.

Could anyone offer any pointers?

thanks

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Normal boss only has like 6 alans holding the wheel on. Could be released easy. Pop the horn button out. Job done.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
@RyG I'm looking at a snap-off boss (purely because I've found it a bit of a squeeze getting my delicious derriere into the bucket seat with the wheel on).

Snap-off boss' include: Sparco, Lifeline, B&G, Moto Corsa (the last 3 can be picked up from Demon Tweeks, etc).

Driftworks have a nice one for £70, but it's out of stock until May.

330i. E30 Touring.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. It hasn't changed mine, and I still want one. I assume you have never done something, or bought something, simply because you want to?

No problems - anytime.

If there's a more reliable, cheap and proven option, then no, i haven't. Because why would i?

HTH.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
@RyG I'm looking at a snap-off boss (purely because I've found it a bit of a squeeze getting my delicious derriere into the bucket seat with the wheel on).

Snap-off boss' include: Sparco, Lifeline, B&G, Moto Corsa (the last 3 can be picked up from Demon Tweeks, etc).

Driftworks have a nice one for £70, but it's out of stock until May.

Are they the full boss? Or is the 'quick release' part a bit that sits between the boss and the wheel, or between the boss and the car? (Can you sense the cluelessness?)

We'll catch up on Whatsapp later! :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I had one fitted with my sabelt on the vee and was a great visual security device.

In fact still got it somewhere if your interested in it?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I had one fitted with my sabelt on the vee and was a great visual security device.

In fact still got it somewhere if your interested in it?

I would indeed be interested chap! Could you PM me over some details (price, pics, brand, condition and so forth). Cheers :)

330i. E30 Touring.
If i had a nickel for every time someone wasted money on this forum, i'd have a pocket full of useless change.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I would indeed be interested chap! Could you PM me over some details (price, pics, brand, condition and so forth). Cheers :smile:

Yes of course mate. Let me dig it out for you and I will take a photo. It's one of the original "snap-off" ones.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Do you still need to run a Boss like the one in the link below or do you just need the one in the link in the previous post above?