ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick response

I need a quick reply if poss..

Anyone any experience with DIY tints? Which brand to go for.. Im after dark smoke. Do they look ok when DIYd

Cheers

Ad

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

lots of lovely bubbles. i had an attempt once and made a right ballache of it.the windows looked like the inside of an aero.

BMW 320d Sport

My advice is dont even think about it. If you are good at hanging wallpaper or cleaning windows, then youve got about 20% of the skills you need to do a proper job on your own motor.

I seriously would not recommend it, unless you are prepared to take all the windows out and do the job indoors, out of the wind and dust etc, and obviously you need to be able to store the car somewhere safe while it has no glass in it, eg in your garage.

You cannot do a proper job with the glass still on the car and if a firm tries to do it like that then theyre cowboys. Proper firms will take the glass out cos they know that it might be a major hassle getting the glass out and then back in again, but its nowhere near as bad as trying to form a thin film of flat tint to a slightly curved piece of glass, inside a car, without getting water and washing up liquid everywhere and bubbles under the film. And if it folds together even by the slightest amount, then that piece is completely ruined.

I had a go at this on my mates car once, mate a right mess of it! ended up spending like £30 on film and not getting 1 window done, Id advise you to take it to the professionals.