ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick starter motor Question

Hi,

the solenoid on the starter motor on my girlfriends car is on it's way out and keeps getting jammed. been looking on the internet for a new one but there is a few?? The car is 51 plate 1.2 8v clio. The starter motor on is a valeo, does anybody know if they are mostly the same or is this is the only one that will fit or point me in the right direction as to where best to get one?

any help appreciated
Cheers

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
ebay, wanted section on here. cliospares.co.uk or http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cliospares-LTD (both by joshydee - member on here)

i had to look for one before and all where great helps! priced approx. £30

...oh yeah and check and clean ur battery connections before you buy one tho. i had a problem with the solarnoid 'jamming' but turned out i had a loose connection on one of the leads from my battery! didn't realise it was the problem because all my electrics worked so assumed the starter motor should too (rookie mistake lol)

Renshaw