ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick suspension question

clio
any help appreciated. was told at my last mot that my lowering springs were illegal and if i wanted to use them i HAD to buy shortened shocks at the rear just? the car passed previous mots fine with them in before. the standaard shocks are good but there is a bit of play in the springs when fully jacked up so rear beam drops. the guy was a bit of an arse in that he inspected the car for 50 mins hoping for faults and then clicked when he realised the springs were yellow and asked was it lowered. the car is 02 1.2 16v dynamique on 40mm apex. the rides fine cant complain its confortable.

this is longer than i thought lol

any one else know they needed shocks for 40mm i thought it was just 60mm. how much will this set me back for rear shortened shocks? wheres cheapest.

help and advice greatly appreciated

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
i used to work in a garage doing mot's and it aint illegal to have lowereing springs on! sounds like he might be havin a bad day and decided to take it out in ya. 40mm shouldnt be affecting to much but it will affect them after long period of time as the shocks arent designed to take the lowering spring. my 182 is lowered 40mm and theres no problems

clio
cheers for the reply mate much appreciated. thought as much. he pulled and pulled till he pulled the spring out! then turned and said "now if that happened on the road..." lol my jaw near hit the floor.

cheers for the reply mate much appreciated. thought as much. he pulled and pulled till he pulled the spring out! then turned and said "now if that happened on the road..." lol my jaw near hit the floor.

He's doing you a good favour

New shocks can be bough APex do a set I think not that I'd recomend them or any stand alone shock I'd use this experiance to change for coilovers.