ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick update of my Gordini 200

200 Gordini
Just a few quick snaps I got when picking it up. Traveled over 2 hours to pick No. 434 up from Arnold Clark Renault in Wigan on my 21st birthday 2 days ago. Nice little treat for myself. The dealer even gave me the steering wheel insert as a birthday present :D

Phone pic while the tank was getting £70 worth of fuel:

5237134059_7893c3f210_z.jpg

Pick Up by Curley89, on Flickr

Stopped for some munch on the way home so grabbed a few pictures under the stations lights:

5225691409_d4124fdaec_z.jpg

DSCF0252.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

5226290364_f11dca82ab_z.jpg

DSCF0255.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

My old man fighting the wind on the motor way for some pictures, shocking but worth a quick look:

5226295632_84b357bbbd_z.jpg

DSCF0257.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

5226300536_38439da71a_z.jpg

DSCF0260.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

5225707333_1f5de268e3_z.jpg

DSCF0261.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

Morning after I removed the stickers:

5226318418_45042e8db9_z.jpg

DSCF0271.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

Free wheel insert:

5226326744_803a79635c_z.jpg

DSCF0274.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

182 boot net fitted:

5225732891_a61b9650f2_z.jpg

DSCF0275.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

Then fitted silvertecs to the front. Going to do the back when it's dry:

Before:

5226306686_e41a7f785e_z.jpg

DSCF0265.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

5225712575_0ebcc165ba_z.jpg

DSCF0266.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

During:

5225715389_202231eaca_z.jpg

DSCF0267.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

After:

5225725335_b130bf0a09_z.jpg

DSCF0272.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

5225727643_a71550235a_z.jpg

DSCF0273.JPG by Curley89, on Flickr

Unfortunately my black Speedlines didn't get to the dealer in time but I'm getting those sent to me soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
  PH1 V6
That looks brilliant mate! Never have been keen on the Gordini version but i quite like that!

Deffo change the colour of those wheels, why dont you photoshop some white wheels just to see what it looks like?

200 Gordini
That looks brilliant mate! Never have been keen on the Gordini version but i quite like that!

Deffo change the colour of those wheels, why dont you photoshop some white wheels just to see what it looks like?

I've got a picture of one on white Speedlines:

DSC_9775.jpg

Mine will look like this with the black Speelines and black vents above the wheels:

DSC_9775_black_red_cals.gif

200 Gordini
At the dealers now Sargara, Stu off here works there so is keeping an eye on it for me (and not letting them wash it!)

It's saying check ESP and ABS

Nissan 350z
At the dealers now, Stu off here works there so is keeping an eye on it for me (and not letting them wash it!)

It's saying check ESP and ABS

Personally i cant believe it, id be gutted if mine was showing management lights so soon! How many miles did it have on the clock prior to collection out of interest, i suppose if it had only done a couple of short 1mile journeys that explains how it could have slipped through quality checking.

200 Gordini
Is that a LY Vee I spot up there? ;)

Car looks better than what id have thought. Not really a fan of these tbh, but looks good.

These aren't photogenic cars at all. So much nicer in the metal.

Personally i cant believe it, id be gutted if mine was showing management lights so soon! How many miles did it have on the clock prior to collection out of interest, i suppose if it had only done a couple of short 1mile journeys that explains how it could have slipped through quality checking.

6 miles on the clock. I am gutted but happy with RUK customer service so far. If it's not sorted by 6pm tonight I'll be in a different mood.. really hope it's just teething problems!

PH1 V6
The black speedlines look better without a doubt, however, if i was having black speedlines i would remove the white racing stripes. Just too much going on imo.

Was the vee for sale there by anychance?

200 Gordini
I hate racing stripes but I feel the need to keep these due to being a (claimed) Gordini. They tie in with the other white bits which I'm quite fond of now. We'll see in a month or two though.

The only reason I have gone for the Gordini is because it has every option on the list + more.

200 Gordini
@ Sargara: Just had a phone call off Renault, they said it was the brake switch adjustment or something but it's all sorted. Going to pick it up so I'll get more details then.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
To be polite, that looks horrific!!! The wheels especially! The one above looks better. Although only marginally. The lower bumper insert, the interior...Shockingly bad!

Now, to perk up this thread, whats the story with the liquid yellow V6?!

Ph 1 172
id go for white wheels. like the gordini's but its almost like they ran out of $ so decided to put some cheaop gay ripspeed alloys on them (the design aint bad just the colour of the wheels). other than the wheels i like it. spacers as well front and rear nice car otherwise

200 Gordini
To be polite, that looks horrific!!! The wheels especially! The one above looks better. Although only marginally. The lower bumper insert, the interior...Shockingly bad!

It Set on fire :(

Your birds feisty, I like that, pics of her?

She a wild one. Might need to PM you some lol

id go for white wheels. like the gordini's but its almost like they ran out of $ so decided to put some cheaop gay ripspeed alloys on them (the design aint bad just the colour of the wheels). other than the wheels i like it. spacers as well front and rear nice car otherwise

I guess the normal raiders would look good, blue inserts are a bit pimp my ride and remind me of those wolfrace jobbies

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

This.

How can you pay real money for that.

200 Gordini
It's so I wasn't rubbing the silver off the bulbs, you're not supposed to touch the bulbs anyway.

Logic fool.

It's so I wasn't rubbing the silver off the bulbs, you're not supposed to touch the bulbs anyway.

Logic fool.

You're not meant to touch the glass part of the bulb on all bulbs - fool ;)

Can't stand the car, but at 21, I wouldn't be complaining! Bought out right??? What do you do???

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You're not meant to touch the glass part of the bulb on all bulbs - fool ;)

Can't stand the car, but at 21, I wouldn't be complaining! Bought out right??? What do you do???
His best mate sells weed in cov. Curley follows him selling munchies. ;)

Glad you're happy with it. Not my cup of tea, but you'll enjoy driving/cleaning it!

I thnk this will look awesome with the black speedlines!! If you remove the stripes then im sure a lot more people on here would like it.

I love them personally (minus the wheels)

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Sorry mate.... Hate to break balls but this is the worse clio Renault have released.

Them wheels :dead:

And the price (hope you didnt pay full wack!)

Woulda got a cup or standard 200 instead... Sorry

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Nice to see someone remembered your birthday, judging by the balloons!

Good call on the speedlines.
and sorting bulbs, net, stickers so soon - I did exactly the same (and the steering wheel insert/badge)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Glad you loving your new car mate, are you leaving the mirrors white or colour coding them?
Also are you leaving the front lip thing white or changing that?

Ive done a crude photoshop because the fact that the stripes don't go all the way to the front annoys me.;)

Curleys200A.gif

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You're supposed to wear gloves. Watch them fail early if you don't.

I love it when people take the piss and fail.

You could lick an indicator bulb and put it in and it wouldn't fail any quicker. Bulbs like that fail due to the element.

Headlight bulbs are affected by this as the oil from you fingers creates a hot spot on it and the glass will fail as they are on for long periods. Indicators aren't to my knowledge.

Arctic 182
Looks good mate - Dave's right about the stripes, they would look better coming down to the bottom of the headlights.

Haha, and I thought you sold that boot net? ;)

Just had a load of stuff through from cleanyourcar.co.uk so will get some pics up of the 182 in it's new home asap

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
Very nice ! the colour does look very like the albi blue. will look good with the black speedlines on! any mods in the pipeline??
:approve:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Glad you loving your new car mate, are you leaving the mirrors white or colour coding them?

Ive done a crude photoshop because the fact that the stripes don't go all the way to the front annoys me.;)

Curleys200A.gif

I've read Renault didn't do that as the bumper bit around the headlights is curved, so will make the stripes look wonky!

Anyway gash wheels, sorry fella.

200 Gordini

Mirrors are staying atm, was planning on black mirrors but really fell for the white theme when I picked the car up. Fancy taking some arty farty pictures for me?

Looks good mate - Dave's right about the stripes, they would look better coming down to the bottom of the headlights.

Haha, and I thought you sold that boot net? ;)

Just had a load of stuff through from cleanyourcar.co.uk so will get some pics up of the 182 in it's new home asap

I did Chris, this is another one out of my mates 182. Looking forward to the pictures! Still miss it so much :( Let me wash/detail it some time haha

Very nice ! the colour does look very like the albi blue. will look good with the black speedlines on! any mods in the pipeline??
:approve:

Plans for the next week are:

- 6k HIDs to put in the projector headlights
- Xenon white interior lights and number plate lights (might leave the interior though)
- Alloy footrest
- Remove Clio badge
- Spray the vents above the wheels satin black
- Speedlines and spray centre caps black
- Winter protection detail (Maybe tomorrow!)

His best mate sells weed in cov. Curley follows him selling munchies. ;)

Glad you're happy with it. Not my cup of tea, but you'll enjoy driving/cleaning it!

Haha I love it! Talking of munchies, I owe you a McDonalds still ;)

Nice to see someone remembered your birthday, judging by the balloons!

Good call on the speedlines.
and sorting bulbs, net, stickers so soon - I did exactly the same (and the steering wheel insert/badge)

Clio197 put them up for me :rasp:

I need some URL stickers Brian, can you look in to getting some to match Malta blue? I'll probably be the only one interested though so shall I contact Ady?

Also - I know the wheels are gash people, hence me getting rid.. I wasn't supposed to have these but the Speedlines got delayed!