ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick update of my Gordini 200

200 Gordini
Looks a lot better with the speedlines

Thanks Bowen, I'd prefer SG though ;)

It still needs the mirrors, fin and side vents sorting. Which begs the question of why you bought a Gordini in the first place! lol

I didn't buy it to please you though :S Read the thread for the reason I did actually buy it if you are bothered.

Whoever stuck your taxdisc holder in wants fcuking with a shoe. Look at it! All the way up there lonely.

The dealer lol It's been replaced with the obligatory CS one now.

200 Gordini
I've just signed up :) I've just set up another photobucket account aswell because the one I've been using is 5/6 years old and linked to my old email.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What you want is an Iceburg 172 with 75K miles on it, covered in mud with Alsation dog hair interior,
knackered thumb grips and curbed alloys.

Whatever were you thinking buying a brand new limited edition that will hold it's price on resale with all the trimmings?
You must be mad!

Nice wheels though.

Last edited:
  200 Gordini
What you want is an Iceburg 172 with 75K miles on it, covered in mud with Alsation dog hair interior,
knackered thumb grips and curbed alloys.

Whatever were you thinking buying a brand new limited edition that will hold it's price on resale with all the trimmings?
You must be mad!

Nice wheels though.

Like. Try and come to the Breakfast club meet in a couple of weeks.

The Speedlines make the car look 1billion times better mate.

H&R lowering springs
H&R or Eibach spacers and your onto a winner.

Plus you dont have to look at the White wing when your driving it :)

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Can't seem to get the picture uploading to work so having to go with a traditional link: http://flic.kr/p/8ZykEg. Ill try and get some better pictures, weather is a bit limiting at the moment...

Had the stripes removed before I picked it up. I know it goes against the Gordini name but I only got the Gordini for the spec. I also like the white detailing.

With regard to buying a standard 200, the dealer did the Gordini for 17.5k for me so seemed like a good deal.

It looks even worse on the black wheels.

It's like you're having some sort of bet to have the ugliest car in the world :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The wheels improve things, but make the stupidity of White mirrors/front fin look even worse. Amend those, and it'll improve no end.

I know the spec is good, but I couldn't live with that colour scheme personally. I saw a rb today, looked very good. Cup spoiler etc.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I think you either like it or you hate it. The impression I'm getting is most people hate it. Seems like Renault are struggling to shift them as well, hence the 2k discount that's being offered. Personally I think the White styling looks the business and really makes it stand out. Each to their own tho.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
The wheels improve things, but make the stupidity of White mirrors/front fin look even worse. Amend those, and it'll improve no end.

I know the spec is good, but I couldn't live with that colour scheme personally. I saw a rb today, looked very good. Cup spoiler etc.

So what your saying is make it look not like a Gordini and It'll look 100x better. Personally I cant stand Gordini's either but surely if someone bought a Gordini they wont take everything off/undo the factory changes?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those g's on the stripes...

I'll leave it there.

200 Gordini
5245847367_2d545e1529_z.jpg

photo by benwebborn, on Flickr

Can't seem to get the picture uploading to work so having to go with a traditional link: http://flic.kr/p/8ZykEg. Ill try and get some better pictures, weather is a bit limiting at the moment...

Had the stripes removed before I picked it up. I know it goes against the Gordini name but I only got the Gordini for the spec. I also like the white detailing.

With regard to buying a standard 200, the dealer did the Gordini for 17.5k for me so seemed like a good deal.

Thanks for posting that, I am 98% sure the stripes are going after the new year!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
"With regard to buying a standard 200, the dealer did the Gordini for 17.5k for me so seemed like a good deal."

WHAT?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Must be having trouble shifting them. I went in for the standard 200 and they offered me the Gordini for 17.5k. They were also offering the standard 200 for 16k, but once youve added a decent paint colour your pushing 17 anyway. Seemed a no brainer for the amount fo kit...

Must be having trouble shifting them. I went in for the standard 200 and they offered me the Gordini for 17.5k. They were also offering the standard 200 for 16k, but once youve added a decent paint colour your pushing 17 anyway. Seemed a no brainer for the amount fo kit...

Did you not haggle?
I got a GW 200, speedlines, recaros and cup spoiler for 15k.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Everytime I see one I struggle more. The White detailing, just wrong. The mk1 frs style interior, just wrong.

The sorcerer must be turning in his grave.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I'm not a good haggler...I'd probably have ended up offering them more! It was the show room model, advertised at that price. A few places are advertising them at that price.

200 Gordini
Mine was cheaper but 17.5k is still 3 big ones under list price so don't worry about it too much

Also, don't judge this site by the Gordini haters, it is actually good! I know of about 5 people who have signed up, got a load of s**t because they bought the Gordini and not come back. Just ignore them.

Last edited:
  Clio RS 200 Gordini
Mine was cheaper but 17.5k is still 3 big ones under list price so don't worry about it too much

Also, don't judge this site by the Gordini haters, it is actually good! I know of about 5 people who have signed up, got a load of s**t because they bought the Gordini and not come back. Just ignore them.

Don't worry I'm not taking it personally. I had a 197 a few years ago and needed something a bit different if I was to get a 200 and the Gordini fitted that perfectly.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
C'était terrible.

Thumbs up for changing them wheels. Very good move.

I'd remove Gs too!

MKV GTI
Looks infinetly better with the speedlines.

After looking at that picture of the de-striped gordini i say imo it needs to be done looks so much cleaner and less in your face, do this and the car would look spot on buddy.

Mk1 16v 172 hybrid
You what?

Looks like someone went to the bargain bin at Halfords. Probably the worst Clio i've seen, period!

How did they get it so wrong? You could have gotten a nice 197 and made it look amazing for cheaper.

4138376752_0c2e3e8fc2_b.jpg
I want this 197 now

That 197 looks far better. The Gordini is putting it mildly the ugliest variant of the ugliest model RS Renault have ever made. Good thing the 200 drives far better than it looks or Renault would be giving them away when you bought an oil filter at their parts desk.

200 Gordini
For those that didn't see the link:

UPDATES

Speedlines with black centre caps and bolt covers fitted along with the plain number plates:

5227660302_a94ef96ea8_z.jpg

DSC02669 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227662496_41f9c06f14_z.jpg

DSC02673 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227664748_5656576419_z.jpg

DSC02674 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227666934_2b3d18e1c7_z.jpg

DSC02675 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227668694_bbf87491a8_z.jpg

DSC02676 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227671302_a30fd4ca12_z.jpg

DSC02683 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227079159_ed332a4b8a_z.jpg

DSC02686 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227081135_7f19695aed_z.jpg

DSC02689 by Curley89, on Flickr

HID's were fitted last week so I'll get some pictures up when it's clean.

I'd apologise for it being dirty but Christopher would probably reply with a sarcastic comment :boring:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL!

I don't mean to be rude, but I just don't see how anyone would pay £2.5k more for the ugliest RS ever. There are people in this thread who payed ~£15k and got a fully-loaded regular, Cupped 200. It's MENTAL.

Not to mention the fact you've spend £xxx's on the Speedlines, plus spraying the gashy white bits. :S