ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickest + Most Powerful Clio’s...

Location via proxy: http://www.woody4mg.com/cgi-bin/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl/000110A/http/forum.cliosport.net/ UP
http://www.woody4mg.com/cgi-bin/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl/000110A/x-proxy/cookies/manage?from=http%2fforum.cliosport.net%2fIE_textbox.asp%3fmode%3dnew%26code%3d%26MessageID%3d0%26postID%3d0%26ID%3d262Manage cookies No cookies No scripts No ads No referrer Show this form

Reading through the boards it seems as though Nick Reads BB convereted Clio seems to be top of the tree, even though its killed a few boxes and is generally not the best conversion available as reliabilty seems poor, are there any other clios about which are running 13 quarters or pushing over 200bhp?

Would say the best overall clio would be Maccas (Darrens) Clio GTT with a proven 230+bhp, and low 14 quarter miles, but is there anything else about? Are there any other BB converted cars on the boards as it interests me that I havent seen any at Santa Pod and for 7.5k you would expect people to be showing them of everywhere!!

Any other suprise cars on the boards? And what are V6s running the SQM in?

the Torsion Tuning car has a GTT conversion and is runnin roughly 280 BHP still needs to be RR once parts are bak in afta chromin but should be pumpin out some serious powerage!

Although Roamers 172 with throttle bodies is pushin 240 at the moment but i know hes got a few more tricks under his sleave

me im pushin bout 90 so watch out ;)

Location via proxy: http://www.woody4mg.com/cgi-bin/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl/000110A/http/forum.cliosport.net/ UP
http://www.woody4mg.com/cgi-bin/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl/000110A/x-proxy/cookies/manage?from=http%2fforum.cliosport.net%2fIE_textbox.asp%3fmode%3dreply%26code%3d%26MessageID%3d677189%26postID%3d0%26ID%3d1176Manage cookies No cookies No scripts No ads No referrer Show this form

Whats the spec on the torsion clio? 280bhp out of a gtt lump is serious power!

I have also been dissapointed by the 172s I have seen out and about, not as quick as I would have expected seemed to be averaging low 15s at Santa pod, but have read that a few are running 14s.

wish i knew everything to list but im sure itll be down pod soon enough

afta xmas i plan to go pod jus to see wot the lil 1.4 can do told my new side exit should kick up a few horsies!

would like to see the difference between the 172 and CUPs 1/4 mile see wot that 60kg lose does to the time

williams and trophy

the REAL quik clios can mostly be seen at york mate

ur lookin in the wrong places lol

btw AFAIK none of them are bbtuning,hill power(major mods), ktec prepared

the fast cups are runnin de-cats filters n rsport ecus, mainly chris n nic, rich ds, and tim n charlie os, all runnin btween 14.0 n 14.5

the ph1/2 clios are also putting up a good showing with adis 2.0 beast runnin 14.3-4s???????? closely followed by mehdis 14.4, closely followed by mine 14.6, (mines runnin without a chip tho)

weight ran a 14.7 at york also i think , but his is lots quicker now, runnin 14.3 i think at pod

so it seems pod looks to be the quicker of the strips, altho the times seem to be slower..........from experience i ran a 16.3 at pod in me old valver, n it took me nearly 18 months and a few more mods to equal it at york, and finally beat it

sorry if ive missed anyone out

the clouds of smoke are foggin me brain lol

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by chesney hawkes on 23 December 2003

Would say the best overall clio would be Maccas (Darrens) Clio GTT with a proven 230+bhp, and low 14 quarter miles, but is there anything else about?
Most Cups are running mid 14s with no or minimal mods and there are a few running 14.0 & 14.1secs with only simple "bolt on" mods, so nothing special tuning wise and there will be Cups & 172s in the 13s next season...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 23 December 2003

Although Roamers 172 with throttle bodies is pushin 240 at the moment but i know hes got a few more tricks under his sleave
Since when?!

Wasnt that much last time I looked...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by chesney hawkes on 23 December 2003

I have also been dissapointed by the 172s I have seen out and about, not as quick as I would have expected seemed to be averaging low 15s at Santa pod, but have read that a few are running 14s.
There are quite a few running 14s actually...

When my Cup was brand new, I ran 15.1 then 15.0secs dead at Santa Pod, with only 1250 miles on the clock, it was the hottest weekend of the year, the car was totally standard, not stripped and I had camping gear in the boot!

Then went to York with 2700 miles on the clock and ran a couple of 14.5s in it.

Most of the quick Clios race at York

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 23 December 2003

would like to see the difference between the 172 and CUPs 1/4 mile see wot that 60kg lose does to the time
Its 89kg mate.

But so much depends on the individual car, the driver, etc... that its difficult to get an exact time difference.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 23 December 2003

the fast cups are runnin de-cats filters n rsport ecus, mainly chris n nic, rich ds, and tim n charlie os, all runnin btween 14.0 n 14.5
Yup, and I only have an induction kit, so f00k all mods...

roamers is 212 at the fly at the moment but who knows what the future brings

the girlfriend was talking to me about getting the turbo on the 172 next year hum maybe who knows lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i ran 15.2 at pod, with 16s on and was on the hottest day! 15s on, stripped out, cold weather, and at york, and i reckon i can get 14s :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 23 December 2003

Some of the Cup drivers weigh 89Kgs more than the 172 drivers!!! ;)
Oddly I weighed exactly 89kg last time I checked!!! :eek:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 23 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by nickyb121 on 23 December 2003

Some of the Cup drivers weigh 89Kgs more than the 172 drivers!!! ;)
Oddly I weighed exactly 89kg last time I checked!!! :eek:

So If you pilot a 172 via remote Youll have a cup!

There was one of these for sale a couple of years ago in the Midlands. Cant remember exact figure - was under £15,000.

As it is a cosworth lump 280 bhp is easy to extract with minor mods and with the four wheel drive system traction shouldnt be a problem.

Clio 172 cup 300bhp

my mate mat has an m reg valver and spent £9k on a bb turbo conversion, with water cooler etc he only runs 8PSI most of time and with that he has over 200bhp! At 14psi is around 250bhp but has had problems with drive shafts! He went to Nurbring with my Brother early in year before I had my cup but could on run 4PSI and kept with my brothers CUP which is v.quick and he is a good driver, Roamer has meet him, my brother and I meet him breifly at Soolihull Renault! Anyone fancey a meet in the midlands

surprise bubbles aint come on here goin on bout how much power shes got under her bonnet as shes all high and mighty now with her new and improved VALVER!

Im not worthy.....im not worthy.....;)

clio 20v

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 23 December 2003

the ph1/2 clios are also putting up a good showing with adis 2.0 beast runnin 14.3-4s???????? closely followed by mehdis 14.4, closely followed by mine 14.6, (mines runnin without a chip tho)
ay 14.2 for me dont be doin me out of a tenth lol

williams and trophy

lol forgot mate lol hence all the??????????????????

i knew it was only marginally quicker than mine hehe

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Would say the best overall clio would be Maccas (Darrens) Clio GTT with a proven 230+bhp, and low 14 quarter miles, but is there anything else about?
Last time i saw power figures he got 190 ish BHP and i think that was at 18/19PSI? 190-230 is quite a big jump, I dont know if i missed something on RTOC or on here though.

williams and trophy

i would say that any clio that gets near low-mid 14s is good

but 1 that hasnt had £000s spent on it to do so is even better lol

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 24 December 2003

i would say that any clio that gets near low-mid 14s is good

but 1 that hasnt had £000s spent on it to do so is even better lol
That describes mine then... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 24 December 2003

Surely there are a few modded V6s with a lot more than that??
I only know of one...

That was CB1As V6 on NOS and that ran in the 13s

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 24 December 2003

and funnily enough Jon(2live) himself hehe
hehe u not wrong lol

also covers a lot of other ppl too, mainly the near standard ones.the mega tuned examples dont quite seem to be able to get the decent times, e.g the supposed 190+ bhp stage 2 williams that was at the last csc day at york.......think he only managed low 15s in it.........cant remember ur name sorry, but gettin beat by near a second, by a very near standard car........well dont say much for the modifier, i was expectin to get blown away by it , but it never happened

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 24 December 2003

Surely there are a few modded V6s with a lot more than that??
I think someone on the forum has a turboed V6 with 400+hp

EDD

williams and trophy

iv not seen that one

the quickest 1 iv seen is cb1as at 13.summat at york.............

same place as the rest of the quick clios hehe

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 25 December 2003

iv not seen that one

the quickest 1 iv seen is cb1as at 13.summat at york.............

same place as the rest of the quick clios hehe

With NOS which is cheating...:D

williams and trophy

well id prefer to call nos a last ditch effort to gain the max power of ur car.....................

but cheatings gud lol;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there are a couple of cossie powered clios, i saw 1 for sale a couple of months ago and it went for 7 grand.

also there was a rtoc meet not long ago, and there was a lad that is now racing for renault with a pretty much standard 5gtt running stupidly quick times, some people with massive tuned 5s were slower than him, and they let him drive theres and knocked alot of time off, just goes to proove it down to driver abillity ..

also im pretty sure darrans clio gtt at the last rr he had done he was over 200 bhp, had it settup on the rollers and was around 220