ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickest Standard Clio

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by eves on 16 April 2005

standard mk2 172s aint that much slower then a cup? are they?
On the road absolutely not. On the track, lighweight and suspension make quite a difference.

172 cup TT

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 16 April 2005

Auto express had the 182 @ 6.3 to sixty, just to throw a spanner in the works.
absolute rubbish, OR.... great, makes the 172 cup faster then - all 182s have failen miserably against mine :(

(wierd - or renault backhander to magazine)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 15 April 2005
ID SAY A MK1 172....silver ones....

the man speaks the truth.
--chris

Pound for pound and all variables equal the 182 cup has the highest power to weight ratio so in theroetical terms will produce the fastest 0-60 everytime. It is physically impossible for it not to be faster!

However in the real world we all know there are so many variables such as mileage, fast ones/slow ones, differing drivers, tyres etc that on different days in different cars any RS clio could come out faster.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 17 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 16 April 2005

Auto express had the 182 @ 6.3 to sixty, just to throw a spanner in the works.
absolute rubbish, OR.... great, makes the 172 cup faster then - all 182s have failen miserably against mine :(

(wierd - or renault backhander to magazine)
I didnt say I believed it, but what makes the Evo time for the Cup anymore credible?

Theres nothing between any of them. If 182s are failing miserably against your Cup - then your very lucky. Im not sure what you class as miserable failure, but in a straight line, you wouldnt split them. I think brazo summed it perfectly.