ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickie R888 question

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
What is the best R888 size for the standard Phase 1 OZ F1 wheel-

Is there any other tyre that competes with this in the dry- Would a pilot sport be as good grip wise in the dry?

thanks
Steve

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
What is the best R888 size for the standard Phase 1 OZ F1 wheel-

Is there any other tyre that competes with this in the dry- Would a pilot sport be as good grip wise in the dry?

thanks
Steve
Out of all the proper R tyres available, The R888 is at the bottom of them all. I still don't know why people rave about them so much when there are better tyres out there. DZ03's or A048's.

The new R888R is supposed to be a massive improvement but i still don't think they are available in the UK yet same with the A050R

What sizes ( is there just one for 15?)

195/50 R15 82V is what I use. Cheaper than the 205/50 R15 ones obviously. These are the only two sizes available for 15 inch wheels as far as I know. But I haven't exactly looked for anything else.

There are also a few different compounds. GG is medium which I use. Single G is soft I believe. GGG is hard I believe, but don't think I've seen these.