ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QuickShift On Valvers..

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Im having one fitted down at Ktec tomorrow (So keep a look out for me and roamer!!) and i was just wondering if anyone has one fitted to a valver?

Roamer menchioned when he first got his fitted, it jumped out of 5th or reverse a few times as he didnt realise he had to push it round quite so far, has anyone had simular problems?

Other than that im very excited!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

"he didnt realise he had to push it round quite so far, has anyone had simular problems?"

Yeah id keep that 2 urself!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

haha.. thanks mitsi.. And Tom, ill keep you posted.. im gona be slowing down and speeding up the whole way home, just so i can play.. hah

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Hehe why dont you come and visit us Ben?? while there doing my car, well be taking roamers out for a trash to see if theyve repaired his exhaust.. so if you wana meet up..

And Im getting a special deal tomorrow as i going down with roamer and stuff.. so im getting it a little cheaper.. all in for £180.

Titanium 182

nice one girl

got one on the gt amazing, and so much diff to drive feels wicked tho

esp when racing ;)

Id imagine they really do shorten the throw.

Compared to mine, a Williams is a lot shorter.. so one of these, Im guessing, is pretty short.. hehe.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Well guys i had it fitted, and its GREAT

Really changes the feel of the drive of the car, and i can change gear in milliseconds! when Ktec fitted it, he tested all the gear changes for me before he let me have the car back, he had a REAL hard time putting it into reverse at first, so he put the car back up, alterd some stuff then tried again, and much better.. Ive been driving around with it for 24 hours now and its gorgeous.

Very quick, short and procise, and when i first put it into 5th i was shocked, hardly any movement into the 5th gear at all. And because Ktec have set it all up, i havent found its jumped out of any Gears what so ever..

Overall im very happy with it, id recommend it to any of you!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yes Ben, i watched them fit it, he made it look easy as he does it all the time, personally i wouldnt want to do it myself.

all it does is increase the length below the pivot, so technically the length of the shifter shud be no shorter than std, all the changes happen beneath the pivot point!

Clio 1.6 RXE

i have one of these fitted to my 1.6 clio.

i know its not a valver, but its the same kit...
its made a massive different to the speed to shifts for me.
driving a normal car is now like driving a bus compared to this quickshifter.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I love my quickshift.. even when pootling along in a 30, you cant help but drop it into 2nd, then as you hit the national speed limit, boot it.. change in seconds and feel her boot some more! RARRRRRRRRRRRRr

big red bus

nice one bubbles !!!

Any pics now ?

wt gear ting u using on top of the stick ??

(And yes, i am this technical wen im tired, lolol)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I will take some piccys tomorrow, The quickshift comes with its own gear knob, With B&M (the make) engraved on the top, looks gorgeous.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

i may sound a little silly here, but do you have to use a custom gear stick or can still use the original 16v one? Also how much does the part cost? and how many hours labour?

cheers

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Id like to know this - ive been pondering one of these for ages but I wanted to keep the old valver knob, I dont want to change a thing on the inside.

aaron, i replaces the entire shift assembly.

Itll take about an hr to fit or so, not much to do, just a bolt and some fiddling.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

All i have left from my old gear stick, is the plastic cap with the numbers on, from the top of the stick. hehe

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 05 February 2004

All i have left from my old gear stick, is the plastic cap with the numbers on, from the top of the stick. hehe
Is it in good nick bubbles? I need one of these!