ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

QuickShift

What's the pro's and con's of fitting one?
What's the best one for the Clio (2002 Cup)?
What's the price ranges?
How east are they to fit?

It's one of the mods i would like to carry out later in the summer once i get a Cup.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I found the gear change too firm when I had my B&M fitted, I am 6ft with seat fully back so am at full stretch a little. The short throw does lend to needing more pressure due to the leverage point. The quality of the kit is as goos as it gets and it will outlast the car 10 times over.
I have read an article saying the M&B is a better lever having slightly diferent leverage point but there won't be much in it.
I've gone back to standard but have yet to drive the car due to a boken leg:dapprove:

ValverInBits
i've only heard good things about B&M, can't justify one myself but aparently work wonders on french "dairy Lea" 'boxes.
Edde doesent recommend them as the gearboxes are not exactly bullet proof to start with and changing gear quickly with a short shift wont help the synchros.

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Theoretically easy, the circlip underneath is a real b**ch to do but otherwise it's pretty easy really.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
easier to unbolt the plastic gear stick holder from underneath and then remove the circlip on the work bench and re-fit, i wouldn't want to try and do that underneath the car. but i didn't have a circlip tool, so might be ok, if you have the circlip tool

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
easier to unbolt the plastic gear stick holder from underneath and then remove the circlip on the work bench and re-fit, i wouldn't want to try and do that underneath the car. but i didn't have a circlip tool, so might be ok, if you have the circlip tool

Can the plastic gear stick holder be removed whilst the exhaust and heat shiled are in place?

Link fit B&M Fitting Instructions..........
http://www.bmracing.com/media/products/pdf/70.pdf
Doesn't list Mk 2 Clio but it is exactly the same, site obvioucly not updated.

When I re-fitted my circlip, I cable tied the pliers to lock the clip closed. Then offered the clip in postion and cut the cable tie, then made sure it was located.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
my bm has got to be removed due to going stiff when heating up,been on the car for about 3-4 years.strangely enough it has now been discontinued!!!!i know its the shifter because ive changed the clutch,the gearbox oil and greased everything in site,and when u disconnect the lincage bar when hot the gearbox is loose but lever is still stiff.oe lever is ordered,will have to work on hand co-ordination.:mad:

BMW M135i
Don't bother with one, the gearbox doesn't like shifting quickly and you'll only kill it quicker. They're a receipe for a dead box imo.

my bm has got to be removed due to going stiff when heating up,been on the car for about 3-4 years.strangely enough it has now been discontinued!!!!i know its the shifter because ive changed the clutch,the gearbox oil and greased everything in site,and when u disconnect the lincage bar when hot the gearbox is loose but lever is still stiff.oe lever is ordered,will have to work on hand co-ordination.:mad:

This stiff problem happen on my Clio too. Nothing I can do with it? What cause the stiffness??