ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quite a few problems with 1.2 clio

1.2 16v clio
i will try and explain it as simple as possible but its hard

my car has developed a miss fire when i pull away from being stationary it also hesitates it only does it on low revs from 500-1200 and if i rev within that range it coughs and splutters

this one has been bugging me for a while and before this problem when i rev the engine i hear a tissing sound like a turbo does only when i touch the pedal to go to rev it

clutch problems now

me and few friends fitted a new clutch in january and its only done 4k miles and the clutch is really high near the top of the pedal i was told its the ratchet behind the pedal and its not and ive also tested the clutch by putting it into 4th and pulling forward to see if it slips or stalls and it does stall

clunking sound when turning ( i know its not for this topic but since i have alot of engine/clutch problems its only a small thing )

i know about my top struts being worn and hitting the housing causing a clunk but around the same time as the engine and clutch issue i notice a small clunking sound which happens when i turn do you think its my gearbox mount or dogbone mount as i know i need to replace these aswell

all of this has happened within the past few weeks now so can someone please help me :)

Miss fire could be the Carbon Cannister mate (what you described with a hissing noise) Is it constantly hissing when on idle? If so check the pipe that leads from the big black rectangle box under the drivers head light to the top of the engine and make sure the pipe is in tact. If not whilst on idle take a HT lead off one by one and see if it affects how the engine runs at all (it should make it run lumpy) if one of them doesn't affect the way the engine runs then it could be one of 3 things, Coil Pack, HT Lead, Spark Plug. Check the HT lead and Coil pack but pulling the HT lead off either side one by one and holding it near the contact on either side (spark plug and coil pack) you should hear a loud ticking noise as the spark jumps. Now if thats not it check the spark plug it might want replacing may be covered in crap.

Might be a blocked fuel filter also have you run it low before now? Like to the petrol light? It may have sucked some shite up and is blocking the full flow of the filter.

As for the clutch I have no idea unfortunately lol sorry

Nick

1.2 16v clio
the hissing is only when i begin to rev it just before it revs up its done it for over a year and has no issue with emissions etc

the fuel i did get it very low and sometimes it stalls now when its a bar above the reserve also sometimes stalls when its on a small incline even with fuel

i also changed the coil pack last year as i had a miss fire when driving just not at the lower range

thanks for the help i will check the spark plugs first as its easiest and quickest

Renault Clio
Just an idea hissing maybe coming from the join where the inlet manifold joins the head? also I'm sure you have but check all the bolts around the head and airbox nd inlet etc.

clutch, if you did it urself did you make sure it was lined up correctly? (not trying to insult you us an idea)

knocking. Is it a deep knocking noise or a tinny sound? Also where is the sound coming from?

1.2 16v clio
Just an idea hissing maybe coming from the join where the inlet manifold joins the head? also I'm sure you have but check all the bolts around the head and airbox nd inlet etc.

clutch, if you did it urself did you make sure it was lined up correctly? (not trying to insult you us an idea)

knocking. Is it a deep knocking noise or a tinny sound? Also where is the sound coming from?

ive done quite a few clutches and yea the clutch is inline if it wasnt you would know about it pretty quick lol there is also about 2-3 inches of slack on the cable and the resistance when pulling the cable from the clutch is not alot really

the head wasnt touched and funny enough i do have a oil leak from the rocker cover gasket

the knocking is more of a clunk and i will just have to jack the car up and test everything

Renault Clio
ahh okie well the hiss could be coming from an air leak in that area, clever tool I made nd is so useful, get ahold of a stethoscope cut the end of you would place to the heart, nd get a THIN piece of hollow ally tube nd stick it up the end. You can you this to listen to parts of your engine nd pin point where the hiss is coming from, done this a few times with my car when I've had problems like this works a treat nd as for the knocking.. no clue reali I had a tinny noise nd it was my heat shield from the middle exhaust pipe knocking the gear link lol

Liquid Yellow 182
The tissing noise could be (well in my car) have you got the air filter intake pipe connected. I havnt got one connected to my air filter. Well i have but its only a little bit. Someone told me that before i bought the car they snapped it off. But they sed when i rev it a little i can hear like a turbo noise which i find cool so it don bother me. So i got my mate to let me use his air intake pipe and connected it and the noise went. I will try get you a pic tomorrow mate

1.2 16v clio
The tissing noise could be (well in my car) have you got the air filter intake pipe connected. I havnt got one connected to my air filter. Well i have but its only a little bit. Someone told me that before i bought the car they snapped it off. But they sed when i rev it a little i can hear like a turbo noise which i find cool so it don bother me. So i got my mate to let me use his air intake pipe and connected it and the noise went. I will try get you a pic tomorrow mate

i guess its something i will have to put a video up as its hard to explain lol