ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quote for Crash Damage ... :(

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
only prob is i dnt think he has that much ... as he offered to pay the night it happened when we couldnt see all the damage so he was probably only expecting a bill for like £500.

don't
give him the option of going through the cash route

but dont give him long, u need to tell your insurance company quite quick if your using them so get that cash quick if he wants to do it that way

someone paid me off in cash for £1300 before when they hit me

Black/Gold 182
if it's the other guy's fault why will a claim hurt your insurance? Shouldn't they claim from his?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
insurance is a funny one...someone crashes into you and they see an oppertunity to scam you when your renewal is due and claim that you are now a higher risk...which will bump your policy up

Black/Gold 182
hmm, I suppose it depends on how they define a "claim". If you can get something to say it's not claimed against your insurance then your premium wouldn't (or shouldn't) go up (they ask if you've had any claims in last 5 years or whatever and you can just say no).

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah im an insurance claims advisor myself so i know it all ;)
basically when u next get a quote they ask you if uv had an accidents and even if its not ur fault u hav to tell them and they bump up ur insurance.
and u cant say no as they have all the details as theyre shared on a database.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Well if he doesn't have the money he will have to take out a loan to pay for your car, its the only way and he will have to find a way somehow.

Was he insured? If so you can claim off his insurance and not involve yours. Send me a PM and I will give you some contact details.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
cheers polarbert .. pm sent :)

lol no chance kev unless its got a mad turbo lump underneath ;) ... kind of - i know his mates.

This is not an issue for you as he has full blame without an admission.. Anyone who rear ends you is responsible. Just don't let your insurance company deal with the claim. It's then "a no fault claim". This can have an impact on you claims experience. Trouble is you are not told this.

You can approach firms who will organise everything, from hire cars to the repairs and collection & delivery of your car. They take their costs from his/her insurance. That way there is no no fault claim or any notifiable issue on yours.

My car was 5 days old when I was rear ended. Informed my insurance. When they wanted any involvement I told them "for information only". Hence no no fault claims. They will not tell you, you tell them.

This assumes he has insurance, and you have details and it realy is as straight forward as a rear end shunt.

Hope it helps

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah i informed them as 'information only' as it says in my policy i need to inform them within 48 hours so did so to make sure they cant get out of it IF i do need to claim from them.
polarbert has informed me of a company for it so ill call them tomorrow.