ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quote - Passenger Side Engine Mount

to be honest im not sure. was a loud clunk, now the whole chassis vibrates when the engines on. the engine itself slightly slopes from the right to the left. there isnt a problem getting it in gear, which a mate had when his mounts went on his 19. dunno if that help, im not sure on the mounting points, its a best guess.

hmm, well managed to get round and have a look at this, seems to be ok there, i need to get the battery out completly and have a good look, but havent had the chance yet, will have to be tomorrow. and other advice u could give me on what to check for ?

cheers m8

I d check those 3 first take battery out & have a good look.

Any movement when u rock the front of the engine!

BMW 320d Sport

sh*t! Dont keep turning that engine on then and definitely dont drive it. I had exactly the same problem and limping off to the garage was what totally destroyed the gearbox and driveshaft even though it still drove.

well, update is that the bolt that goes thru the rubber mount to the engine bracket has snapped, so the engine has slumped down to the chassis, ive jacked it back up to the orig posistion and off to renault tomorrow to get the part to replace. it was drove to the house where its at, so i bloody hope it hasnt shagged it up in the mean time !

cheers for the advice guys

well, ive gone to renault and the bolt that has snapped is £15, so hopefully a mate is drilling out the bit that it stuck in the bracket, and barring nothing else is buggered from the drop, might be ok

fingers crossed, will be getting the part tomorrow and trying it then