ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26 or R27/Cup??

M2 Competition
Hmmmm, i would have said R27, but saw a white meg on the lanes and thought it looked stunning.

Did R26 come in white?

arctic 182 black wheels
i know wot u mean m8, but for many people clio sports are too compromised for everyday drivin! they'd rather have a 306 td o sumthin

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Can see what your saying, my gf often moans about the ride quality of my 182 (even though its just standard cup packed suspension), but for the way the car handles i think the ride quality overall is good. Ok so its sometimes a little crashy but nothing i cant live with.

arctic 182 black wheels
i put eibach's on mine and if you go over an ant it feels as tho you've hit a speed ramp at 100mph but they look sweet so i'll make do without comfort

Mini Cooper S sport
Did R26 come in white?

Oh yes - glacier white.

I'd say R26 all the way, but then I'm a bit biased as that's the choice I made. I certainly don't regret it.

AFAIK you can't order a new R26 anymore though, they're only taking orders for the R26R before the new shape comes out. You can't order a new R27 either.

I'd go for either - Both great cars. Megane's styling is starting to look a little dated now and will look even more so when the Megane 3 appears. R27/Cup is s**t for fuel economy - even with 6500 miles on the clock of my R27 I get around 25 - 26 MPG. A mate of mine with the F1 Megane gets better miles per gallon.

Just get the car with the best deal.

I'd go for either - Both great cars. Megane's styling is starting to look a little dated now and will look even more so when the Megane 3 appears. R27/Cup is s**t for fuel economy - even with 6500 miles on the clock of my R27 I get around 25 - 26 MPG. A mate of mine with the F1 Megane gets better miles per gallon.

Just get the car with the best deal.
The megane is starting to look a little dated your right, Iam getting 22mpg atm from my R26.

BLK 197 F1
Yeah the fuel is ridiculous in the R26, mine sits on 21/22 mpg most of the time but thats the nature of these cars! My mate's got an r27 and the power puts the r26 to shame but i'd rather look at my mine everyday of the week.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Unfortunately I've never been able to stand the looks of the Meganes :S just can't get over that rear... ugly!

R27 every time for me :rasp:

Golf R
R26 is a worthy upgrade from the Trophy.... different, slightly more lazy drive but very capable. if you want naturally aspirated fun, then you'd not go wrong with the R27.

both cost the same to run, tax and insure pretty much. The Meg is looking a bit dated but you'll have money in the bank buying one though as they are seriously cheap right now