ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 gearing

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I remember reading on a previous post that the later R27's had the uprated gear ratios, but can't remember when it changed?

I've tried searching but can't find the post.

Cheers
Ross

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
The R27 have the lower 5th and 6th ratios, when the cup 197 started production the ratios were altered through the 197 range.

Sorry gtvlew - around the last 80 or 90 R27s had the revised gear ratios. I missed out by two weeks. Not that there's a great deal of difference though.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cheers for the info.

The one i'm looking at is Dec 07, No. 483 so it should have the revised gearing.

Anything in particular I need to look out for when viewing?

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yep, all the 197's from Mid October onwards. I just wasn't sure how many of the R27's would have had the revised gearing.

clio sport f1 r27
im number 466 and have new gears so ull be sound check the tyres am at 13 k and iv already replaced the fronts now i need a full set lol