ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R3OBC = -60mm APEX :o)

H22A7 Accord Type R

Its down!!! Got them fitted today! Just picked the car up, can tell like! Back end is SUNK! Front is sitting ever so slightly lower than the -40mm springs, BUT, this is day one, they have 4 months of settling to catch up on.

As before, at first fit things feel all comfy and soft, it does bounce slightly more but the sports shocks sort that out a treat. I know once they settle it will be a more demanding ride, but thats all good (prob be a nightmare with the 17s back on lol) I can well tell its been lowered more! Im even gonna shoot out to hudds n get some pics in the underground car park me thinks lol, i need some Day1 pics to go back to, for reference. Much better than the Pi -60mm jobs, actually still very driveable and even i am liking it so far. The steering doesnt feel as sharp and precise, so thats a pretty sh*t draw back BUT, the tracking will be out so all is not lost on that front...........not yet anyway. The 17s rob all steering precision anyway.

So your all gonna moan coz i aint got any pics up yet, well, hold on, will get some after my tea, maybe.......You will still say the front is high but, its a bit lower than the -40mm was after months of settling, so its gonna drop nicely!

*Its lookin official, the -60mm APEX kit is the best kit on the market before you go lookin at coilovers..........(aint tried spax tho)

Rob :D

H22A7 Accord Type R

after tea mate....u busy, we can shoot to tesco if ya want?? the pi vs apex lol (bet the 15s win LOL)

Lionel Richie

about f**king time!!!!!

To be fair mate, you should fit airbags, then you can have any ride height you want!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Fellas...............the outcome of all of this is knowledge ;) and Fred, i think this is the last suspension change for this car lol, i mean, this is the 4th setup from standard LOL

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i know i know!! reall suspension that is!

theres no comparison between them and p.i, when u puttin the 17s back on? need to see that before i decide to get the kit or not.

just brough a new alpine HU and ipod interface for £300 so apex will have to wait...

K9 EVV

well someone be able to photoshop the wheels white and lower it to about 70mm 75mm cos i am gt coilovers next week just wanna see what it will look like

H22A7 Accord Type R

Day 2 - going well!! Corners nice, but, im gettin a bit worried by the rate at which its settlin, i dont want the back goin much lower LOL!!!! Plus, the 15s really do look bad when its down this much lol!

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 26 January 2005

Day 2 - going well!! Corners nice, but, im gettin a bit worried by the rate at which its settlin, i dont want the back goin much lower LOL!!!! Plus, the 15s really do look bad when its down this much lol!
Can you do me a favour and check the distance from the arch to the center of the wheel your car looks lower at the back but higher at the front even though tis supposed to eb the same drop (60mm)

15s lowered look fine though

H22A7 Accord Type R

I will do when i get a chance mate but they always seem to be lower at the rear! Fronts will take a while to settle in, goin by my experience of apex anyway!

I know the Pis were crap but when I first put em on it was MUCH lower than that dude. It was on 15s at the time and it was slammed!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by MK3COL on 27 January 2005

I know the Pis were crap but when I first put em on it was MUCH lower than that dude. It was on 15s at the time and it was slammed!
LOL! Were hardcore col, we could deal with the Pis! haha!

Quote: Originally posted by MK3COL on 27 January 2005

So was mine on 15s, slammed to the ground! I didnt want to put my 17s on, lol!

H22A7 Accord Type R

sorry guys but Pi suck c**k all round on -60mm. Kill the car. The apex is mint, rear end is sinking nicely and it still handles a dream, and is driveable. I know you two are all LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS but i look for more than that from the car.....................its gonna settle nice and im happy! :D

ST

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 28 January 2005

sorry guys but Pi suck c**k all round on -60mm. Kill the car. The apex is mint, rear end is sinking nicely and it still handles a dream, and is driveable. I know you two are all LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS but i look for more than that from the car.....................its gonna settle nice and im happy! :D

Agreed sir! ive done the PiSS to Apex change over, its now a totally different car!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Best thing is, the APEX have SPACE BETWEEN THE COILS to settle, so they will drop and still not be sitting like slinkies!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

Rob, found out that apex rarely sell that 60/40 kit in the UK, its made for the German market as them prefer the drop at the front??

and your does fit mine, springs that is not sure about shocks. ;)

get some measurment of the arch to centre of wheel when u get a mo, cheers.

H22A7 Accord Type R

god knows mate, lol! Seriously mate the rear is pretty low!! I will get ya a pic of it in my drive over the weekend! get the shocks too............sod it lol! just try it haha

Chocolate Bar™

cheers for that :D

how much lower would you say the car is now compared to the pics? because im really liking the look of it in the pics.

just a general question - but what is the ride quality like on the apex - does it knock your fillings out, or is it quite smooth.

and finally are they 185/50/15s ?

sorry for all the questions :oops: