ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R3OBC IS DEAD!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Might be repairable pal, does it still drive ?

But I know what your saying - may never be the same again.

Let me know if you want any help pal.

RiCh

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g

gonna need some serious cattying that mate, even if it does get repaired I dont think id feel safe in it anymore

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I feel for you, thats terrible. Its not so much the car but how long you build something like NCD up and it only takes 1 pr*ck to waste it all in a second.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

rude

makes me so angry sometimes wen u hear about cases where someone has run.

b******s init.

btw, wat r the insurance doing, and have u told them about all ure mods in the past?

bad news- good luck with the claim

like others said most important thing is you are ok

Where abouts did it happen? If its local to us i reckon we should find out who it was. Shouldnt be too hard

H22A7 Accord Type R

hey all.....ill upload more pics for yas. basically the passenger side is wrecked too, sills, rear 1/4, rear axle, alloy etc...........Jilly i am fine, stiff neck today thats all, in a bit of a frenzy, with all the airbag smoke (dont realise at the time) it too me about 0.00001 seconds to undo the seatbelt switch it off put handbrake on and jump out the window lol! the car was absolutely amazing for safety!!! AMAZING! the seats are close together, squeezed to the handbrake, its hard to say all whats moved, but the pics will give you an idea! I am on to the insurance about it, one guy said he is pretty sure its gone too far to be repaired, so hopefully the inspectorwill think the same! i really dont want it back!

Kelly - sorry i didnt call, i went to the pub straight after it and spent the rest of the night trying to smile and not think about it. I got about 3 hours sleep............and was on autotrader at 3:30am lol.

Rob, it is just some of the usual desbury people they looked young when i seen them running away, thats all i can say fella. Im preparing for a sting on the old insurance, but its 10 months till my renewal so that should give me 10months till it goes ££££ eh? hope so. Hoping for a cash payment........and YES, i do fancy another clio :)

just want to get this all done n dusted first. My mate has lent me his modified 206 for a while, what a top guy! Thanks to you all, P.S., if i claim this through my insurance, how do i go about this un-insured driver thingy if it turns out the car was not legit??

Cheers, R3OBC - also, how do i get my plate off the car????

Rob, you have to mention to the insurance company you have your private plate on the car now.......just before they write it off. Go to the DVLA office at Trafford House and get it put on retention, it costs £105.

If you dont do that, you will lose the plate unfortunately. This is what ive just read up anyways.

Kev.

H22A7 Accord Type R

cheers mate, trafford house? i live miles away from there lol! ill ask some questions

7.6cc :D

I *think* you may have to buy your plate back of the insurance company if they write it off. As its part of the car they will be giving you the payout for.

I may be wrong ( I usually am)

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 25 May 2004

I *think* you may have to buy your plate back of the insurance company if they write it off. As its part of the car they will be giving you the payout for.

I may be wrong ( I usually am)
Thats why i said do it before the insurance company write it off, apparently most of them let you do this anyway.

H22A7 Accord Type R

ive taken it all out! not having it sat in a car thats lying in a yard when the car wont lock of has no drivers window - they can spin! went n took car kit out today too :sleep:

H22A7 Accord Type R

well, im just wondering what the insurance will be like next year when im 22, with no ncb.......still fancy another clio - dont wanna leave u guys lol

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

well put it this way......

I was 24 (same age range as you 21-25) with 4 claims (3fault) and paid 1400 for my insurance on a 172 last year.

Im now 25, 1yr NCB, still with 4claims and I got a quote of 645 on a brand new 182.

so, I wouldnt worry too much about it, its not as bad as you think.

H22A7 Accord Type R

thanks buddy!! thats really what i want to hear! :) just found out the car is not belonging to the registered owner, woopee.........lovely eh.

any insurance bods...........plz let me know about this uninsured losses thing, can i clam after ive got it sorted n lost my ncb with my insurance? off to ring them now and tell them the good news eh. Lovely

H22A7 Accord Type R

thanks guys, its in the hands of insurance now, ye im gonna be shafted at renewal, but i paid my money, its time they earn it i suppose! i feel slightly more relaxed. you know what the hardest bit is...........not having time to say goodbye! just BANG and its totalled! I was near to tears driving away from her after we stripped it earlier!

chin up Rob - new clio may come of it!!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Yer get yourself back out driving pal. Thats the best way to get over it other than getting plastered. But sounds like youve tryed that already.

Whats the short list for new motors then ?

1. Hummer

Ford Fiesta

it is a shame and I was gutted when mine was written off cat D, but because of this I now have a 182 on order that I wouldnt have been able to get, and my old car is back up and running too. Bless :)

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear about the car mate. I think I must be the only person who can feel the same as you at the moment (see CLIO 172 FIRE)

Make sure you get permission off the insuirance company to take your plate off. The DVLA need this permission letter so they can give you the plate on retention. It will cost £105 but is better than losing your plate.

Im in the same position regarding no claims. I had 3 years so imagine what that will be like on a 172 if it all disappears!!

The Clio is not having a good week or so.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Moose,
you will go from 3yrs NCB to 1yr NCB, thats normall how it works. At least thats what happened to me with Admiral.

H22A7 Accord Type R

cheers again guys, i have spoken to the insurance about the plate so they know about it. more expense, isnt it great when you have done nothing wrong! :sleep: ah well........... i really really want another clio tho, especially after knowing how good it was yesterday!

Skoda Fabia vRS

only jus seen this mate, dunno what to say, really dont

hope you get it all sorted as quickly and easily as possible

yours was a really nice car, an if you catch any of em who were in that car, give em a kickin from me aswell !

H22A7 Accord Type R

its too soon to talk about it but.............do i get a valver (3rd party F&T) or a 1.4 16v dynamique??? (lookin on the plus side)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Id say it depends on why you bought this car.

Do you want a "new-ish" car or an older quicker car?

H22A7 Accord Type R

i bought this car because the insurance was a killer for either old or new..........so i opted for the better newer car to make the most of the money!!! I shall more than likely do the same again i think :)

f**kin terrible. I bet youd like to cut their heads off but you dont think about it at the time because your in shock. What are the pig doing about it? they can identify the make/model from the paint left on the side of your car and can pin point cars of that type in the area if they are local.

They wont be insured probably, even if you got them. theres a load of irish gispsys that have set up a massive camp near my place of work and you can bet that they arent insured or have a license.

get another dynamique and try to put it behind you.