ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R888 or ns2r

172 Cup
I was going to buy some nankang ns2r track tyres but I've noticed that r888 are only £77 each on openeo so are they worth the extra tenner per tyre? I think both are medium compound and will be used exclusively for trackdays

Clio 172 (CUP)
Quite right, they're down again to 74 with free delivery, have just ordered a set. Was about to try the ns2r's until I rechecked this link, probably worth the extra 6-7 quid.

Cup In bits
IMO the outright grip from the 888's will be better but the NS2-R will take more sustained punishment without going off. 888's are a good intermediate tyre but there is much better tyres out there now, they're something like a 15 year old design getting on for. Toyo are just away to release their new top of the line 'R' rated tyre I'm told which will supersede these.

For that price though they can't be sniffed at really, just won't last long when pushing them.

Clio 172 (CUP)
IMO the outright grip from the 888's will be better but the NS2-R will take more sustained punishment without going off. 888's are a good intermediate tyre but there is much better tyres out there now, they're something like a 15 year old design getting on for. Toyo are just away to release their new top of the line 'R' rated tyre I'm told which will supersede these.

For that price though they can't be sniffed at really, just won't last long when pushing them.
Exactly my thinking, at that price probably the best value for money for Trackdays and if allowed on sprints/hill climbs. Those better tyres must be at least another £50 a tyre which at my novice skill level would be wasted at the moment - maybe next year [emoji6]