ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race car to work day

So just picked up my ph1 on my lunch break from having the 197 cams fitted
Pulling into the car park making a bit of a racket as car wants to cut out & no ePAS makes parking rather a bit challenging
I get out and the first thing I get is "I was wondering who the boy racer was"

Now, I am female and maybe this is why but does this annoy anyone else? Any other experiences when taking their loud clio into work?
My daily is a hybrid Lexus so it really is 2 ends of the spectrum here lol

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I used to go a little bit quicker in the work car park and because i had an induction kit it sounded faster than it was. Got a few complaints from other companies and just did a big burnout past the offices complaining about me on the last day :)

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I used to get funny looks in the Twingo as that is loud with lumpy cams and very free flowing exhaust lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I love the disapproving looks you get when you drive a loud car. I think it's hilarious, partly because we probably all do it ourselves to some degree, but also because I love how uptight people get about it. They're busy judging you, while probably driving the most mundane turd of a car imaginable. If they make silly comments about my car, that probably says more about them than it does about me. Who cares what people think. Better to enjoy your life than not do things in case someone else thinks its sad.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
One of the nice things about working in a big engineering outfit is there are lots of car enthusiasts. One bloke turns up to work every day in a full blown PS13 drift car, still covered in rubber from the weekend.

Yep all the time. Take my MR2 in on a Friday sometimes and you can see them all bitching like school girls. Probably saying mid life crisis blah, blah...

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
One of the nice things about working in a big engineering outfit is there are lots of car enthusiasts. One bloke turns up to work every day in a full blown PS13 drift car, still covered in rubber from the weekend.

Word. I know I'm in the right place of work as we have an annual car show for everyone to bring in their projects and non dailys. Even has trophies too, clio turbo won it a few years back 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_174335.jpg
    IMG_20200219_174335.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 92

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I used to go a little bit quicker in the work car park and because i had an induction kit it sounded faster than it was. Got a few complaints from other companies and just did a big burnout past the offices complaining about me on the last day :)
I had this. Pulled into work car park and didnt have to slow down as the barrier was up already. When I got out the security guy came over asking me to slow down or he would report me next time.

I checked my dashcam and I was doing 18mph maximum...

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Even relatively loud car exhausts ain't got s**t on the illegal off-road bikes you see (and hear) being ridden around by chavs.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Word. I know I'm in the right place of work as we have an annual car show for everyone to bring in their projects and non dailys. Even has trophies too, clio turbo won it a few years back 😂

I reckon with some of the land they've got spare they could do some awesome amateur motorsport. Sadly the big wigs are all wanking over getting everyone to cycle to work whilst rocking up in a 458... :rolleyes: