ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racedriver Grid 2

I'll be checking this out. First one was great. Fine blend of arcade accessibility and mild simulation. Certainly quite rewarding with a decent steering wheel. A good, fun racer.

Yaris Hybrid
Mulling over pre-ordering this so I can play the original Grid (part of pre-order bonus on Steam).

With the demise of my favourite racing series (PGR) this seems to be the only game that fits in between the "you are a worthless n00b if you don't spend £2000 building a triple screen racing car c**kpit in your bedroom" simulators and the Need for Speed style full-on ridiculous arcade racers.

Not fussed about the loss of in-car view as I am in the 95% that never played in that view aside from briefly testing it once or twice.

Having not played GRID I can't really comment as my expectations are only based on what others have said about the series.

The thing I liked about the PGR series was that their mostly street based races resulted in great online racing. If you made a mistake you bounced off a wall and were still in contention. In some of the previous TOCA games I played I found they sucked a bit on regular circuits as some moron could punt you into the gravel/grass and by the time you made it back to the track you had no chance of catching up.

I will probably just stick to single player though as I guess most of my buds will get it on 360 where as I will be on PC. Unfortunately I am not convinced that Codemasters can make that single player driving experience as sweet as those PGR games.

WRX
When all is said and done, it's a game. If it's anything like the original it will be great. If I want real then I get in my car. I want a game to entertain me and Grid does, as above it's a good blend between arcade and sim.

04BGFF182CLIORS
Not a day 1 purchase for me, but will grab it when GAME have it on offer for £20 for sure.

Looks good, not great, but will be fun if its anything like the first.

RS Clio 182
Looking forward to this,graphics,cars and lighting look excellent and looks really playable - good to see theres still actual touring car events in - not too sure about this 'live routes' thing theyve put in but we'll see. Buying it mainly for the actual racing modes and not the checkpoint stuff.

Nothing at the mo :(
dunno if im going to get it

They left GRID 1 all buggy.. Left F1 2010, 2011 and 2012 all buggy.. and no doubt grid 2 will be buggy!!!

RS6 C7
It's really really unrealistic now, Really hard to navigate and just annoys me which is sad as I was mega looking forward to it!

RS6 C7
The worst part has to be that the cars just spawn randomly back on track if they go wide so lose like 1 seconds for hitting a barrier ffs, It's impossible to do a lap without someone's car randomly appearing in the way. Mayhem.

107 Track Car & C4
I don't like the sound of the reviews coming from Grid2, which is a shame, as for me it has been the best racing game franchise going. I've still got all the 7 previous version's of the TOCA/Race Driver/Grid games on various platforms, so may get this anyway just keep the collection going!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Hey all. I will be playing this on the PC over the weekend. If anyone else has it on the PC your welcome to join myself and a few others on our team speak channel. Great banter and rage quitting noobs guaranteed.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a quick go. Seems ok, not as good as I remember the first one though.
First set of races. Race one, came first pretty easy. Race two can only get second. The leader pulls a constant 5 second lead from about half way through lap one. Just going to do the third race now in miami.
Using medium difficulty and all damage on.

WRX
Really disappointed, only feels like half a game. More like a DLC pack, at least it's got Portimao but I turned it off after half an hour. Give it another go later but it hasn't grabbed me at all so far.