ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 182 - HV05 WLK

E46 M3, Clio 182
You may or may not have seen the RB 182 which has recently gone up for sale.

Pictures show it in good condition (minus some personally questionable interior colourings). The car has some nice extras (Recaros, although not trendlines and a trophy spoiler).

I am off to view this afternoon, does anyone have any history or information on this car?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Are they not Trendlines? Looks like a nice car.

They are but don’t have 2 eyes on the seat back and look like Steve Wonder. I seriously thought about this car on Tuesday when it first came available but the seats stopped me! Lol.

E46 M3, Clio 182
They are but don’t have 2 eyes on the seat back and look like Steve Wonder. I seriously thought about this car on Tuesday when it first came available but the seats stopped me! Lol.

Why let something so easily changeable put you off?
I'm leaving in the next hour, I hope it's as good as it looks / says it is.

What's peoples thoughts on the price..?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
seems pricey but good ones do go for money now, there is a bit of colour tax on RB and its got all the right bits on it really. seats look odd but wouldn't put me off at all if I was in the market

logical thing to do for me is, contact Mick as the car appears to be outside the social media/forum influence so not much record of it anywhere. Mick may remember it if it was either a particularly nice one or a particularly rough one. @MicKPM

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I initially thought it was dear, but if it’s as clean as he says it is, with that specification and the fact it comes with the OE CAT, I would say it’s on the money. It’s not cheap IMO but find another... but then what do I know!? Other than I would take the seats regardless of the lack of eyeballs, so sell them to me😂

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
True but I am Mr OCD ;)

It was the same for me. I noticed the lack of eyes in the seats immediately, stood out like a sore thumb 😅 just doesn't look right but that's my personal issue; it wouldn't put me off if the car was good though as I'd just change the seats!

well if that was true wrong seats of any form in a RB should trigger you, even Trophy ones as not supposed to be in there ;) ;) ;)

But they were an optional extra from factory no? 😁

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
What ever way you look at it, the seats are a bonus surely? If they’re genuine recaros they’re worth something (a darn sight more than stock clio seats I’m sure)

So it doesn’t really matter if they’re not correct trend lines IMO, certainly wouldn’t stop me buying the car if it was a nice one.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
But they were an optional extra from factory no? 😁

well yes, but only if on the spec sheet for that exact car...…. ;)

tbh surprised there's not more 'OE' hatred for the lack of thumbgrips on the wheel, that makes me twitch more than the seats do 🤪

E46 M3, Clio 182
Thanks for all the replies. Just stopped in the services 20 minutes away, so time will tell.
I'm not 100% sold on the seats either, but the way I see it they can be sold for decent money and "genuine?" Trendlines bought with the eye holes.
As long as the condition is as described, I'll be fairly happy.
I appreciate that £5k on the face of it is pretty expensive, I'm hoping there is a little room for negotiation.. I'll keep everyone updated!

E46 M3, Clio 182
well yes, but only if on the spec sheet for that exact car...…. ;)

tbh surprised there's not more 'OE' hatred for the lack of thumbgrips on the wheel, that makes me twitch more than the seats do 🤪

Not to worry about that.. I already have a Sabelt at home with boss kit and Ph1 indicator.... and some washer blanks which will need painting (OE of course!)

E46 M3, Clio 182
So.. it really was as clean as described, there are a couple or bits I'm not overly keen on, but all easily changed.
We agreed a price and I left a deposit, to be collected over the weekend.
Renault Sport Clio number 6 inbound...
20200807_173300.jpg
20200807_173246.jpg

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
So.. it really was as clean as described, there are a couple or bits I'm not overly keen on, but all easily changed.
We agreed a price and I left a deposit, to be collected over the weekend.
Renault Sport Clio number 6 inbound...View attachment 1489075View attachment 1489076

Very nice mate, my current Trophy is RenaultSport “Clio” number 6 too, and RenaultSport 7 overall. Can’t get enough of them!

Will look great once you’ve made the changes you want to make, and I’ve always wanted a Racing Blue but so far has escaped me as never been a clean enough one available when I’ve been in the market. I’ll just buy this off you when you come to sell one day ;)(y)

E46 M3, Clio 182
good s**t mate, welcome to the club.

name change incoming?
Thanks mate, I'll have to change the name I suppose! Haha.

Very nice mate, my current Trophy is RenaultSport “Clio” number 6 too, and RenaultSport 7 overall. Can’t get enough of them!

Will look great once you’ve made the changes you want to make, and I’ve always wanted a Racing Blue but so far has escaped me as never been a clean enough one available when I’ve been in the market. I’ll just buy this off you when you come to sell one day ;)(y)
Cheets Ash, also my RenaultSport no#7 as I also had a 250.
I'm really pleased with this one! We are virtually the same person when it comes to mods, so I'm sure you'll like it.. it will be a RB version of your car by the time I've finished! 😉👍🏼

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Cheets Ash, also my RenaultSport no#7 as I also had a 250.
I'm really pleased with this one! We are virtually the same person when it comes to mods, so I'm sure you'll like it.. it will be a RB version of your car by the time I've finished! 😉👍🏼

Yep, we’re definitely very similar mate. Look forward to seeing updates 😎👍🏼

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Glad you bought it, had a feeling it was a good one! Caught my eye when it popped up. Please start a project thread on this, would love to see the updates / progress....