ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rack or column

1.8 Civic EX
Hi guys! I got the typical valver "loose" stearing syndrome. I know it can be welded but I'd rather a new one but is it the rack or the column? any ideas on prices?

cheers!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
My £30 weld broke within 3 months. Its all down to who welds it as some won't go near.

Was quoted £170 inc VAT from Renault but got them down to £140.

My old one is off and I can get that properly welded from a propshaft place in Cov for £25. Probably as good as new if you get welded when off the car.

Think there is a weding quide on Williamsclio site.

My old one is free if you want it. Just pay the postage, get it welded properly and then swap with your old one.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
PS my MOT failure stated the steering column had play and steering rack was deformed.....

All I did was replace the column and then it passed.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers mate, I'm taking it to place near me so he can have a look at it. Hopefully weld it. as soon as I said it's a Clio he chuckled and told me to bring it down. he's obviously done them before.

clio 16v
just done a little search and need to bring this up again...

my 16v has developed quite abit of play in the stearing, i was told that it may be the stearing box??? if it is just the coloumn which bit should you get welded and can you get to the this bit fairly easily? any ideas?

thanks.