ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rad gone - where to buy

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
Please forgive a relative newbie for a silly question, but my radiator has gone and I need to replace it. Renault are asking £115inc VAT for a new one which seems like a good price. Does anyone know of somewhere better to source one, preferably online/telephone order or in the South West.

Also, I've had a look at what it would take to replace it, and I think I could manage it in a day on a weekend. I'm pretty handy on the tools, but don't wanna bite off more than I can chew. What are people thoughts on this. Is it easy enough to tackle or should I pay Renault the £130 they want for labour to fit it?

Thanks for any help.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
not sure bout where to buy one, but you should be able to fit one in a day easily. where bouts are you?

Lee

330ci Conv
Fitted one to my Ph quick 172 last year, it abit fiddly but is a fairly straight forward job. I brought the rad for £40 second hand and worked fine, still got the aircon rad and fan to sell to make money back.

Ring around a few breakers and you may be able to find one on the cheap!

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
I'm based in Bristol. I'd rather fit new TBH. The only really fiddly bit looked to be the aircon rad in front of it. It's an X-reg 172. It looks like I can take the front bumper and grille off, the undertray off and the air ducting and should be able to get to all the hoses easily then, I was just making sure that I wasn't overlooking some special connector that needed Renault tools.