ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radar Detectors,Jammers,GPS...?????

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Don't really know a great deal about these can some enlighten me or give link to a site that explains all?

Thanks.:)

172 SPORT PH2
Um i got a Snooper S2 Neo, got it from ebay for 6 pound bargain, considering the snooper site wanted 45 pound for it... Works a treat! i recommend getting one!

Life time updates and it detects preety much everything, gatsos, lasers, accident black spots etc ( When bad accidents have being) its preety good! cheers

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Something like this?

http://shop.diveline.co.uk/3213/Las...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid3213

The unit uses the licence free 904nm laser frequency. The same frequency as used by several motor manufacturers eg. Nissan’s adaptive cruise control system which uses laser to determine the distance immediately in front of the vehicle and to deactivate the cruise control if the stopping distance is considered to be too short. Police laser guns use the same 904 nm frequency also.

In order to prevent interference with other laser based systems the Laser Pro Park has been designed to alert the driver of possible interference & if necessary switch the system down.

Big test here

http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008/laser-jammer-test.html

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I use a road angel plus been spot on so far it's a GPS/Laser dectector though you need an external gps receiver because the clio has a heat reflective windscreen which can interfere with the GPS signal. However my satnav has no problem receiving a GPS signal - maybe it's just my car.
updating to the Road angel professional .

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/

there's lots out there it may even come down to which one you think looks/works best

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
these are illegal,get a road angel plus-not a professional,too many issues with the professional

They might be illegal but the models I'm looking at aint that easy for PC Plod to spot or detect. As long as they do the job and allow me to evade the law and their foolish speed limits, I don't care. The main point of buying one.:)

Just wondered if anyone is using a jammer/diffuser and is pleased with their purchase?

I wouldn't fancy risking it to be honest. If you drive past and they get "error" on their gun they're just going to pull you over anyway and I'm pretty sure they'll be update with devices that jam their speed guns, so they'll know where to look for them.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I wouldn't fancy risking it to be honest. If you drive past and they get "error" on their gun they're just going to pull you over anyway and I'm pretty sure they'll be update with devices that jam their speed guns, so they'll know where to look for them.

Point taken. But do they have to power to confiscate the vehicle if the suppoesed device isn't located on the car at the roadside?

Point taken. But do they have to power to confiscate the vehicle if the suppoesed device isn't located on the car at the roadside?

Wasn't having ago mate, just my personal opinion and concerns if If I was running a jamming device.

I've no idea if they could confiscate the vehicle but I'd think you'd get prosecuted for something.

clio 172/Fabia vRS
Sorry to ask another question on your thread, but as we're talking about these type of things anyway. I Have an origin b2 which came with the car. The recepit says it cost the previous owner nearly 400 quid fitted, and there's a cradle fitted onto the dash. I've never used it, and i presume it needs updating. Anyone any ideas if they're still any good and how eaxctly they work? I found something to do with it wired up into where the light in the center of the roof is.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Sorry to ask another question on your thread, but as we're talking about these type of things anyway. I Have an origin b2 which came with the car. The recepit says it cost the previous owner nearly 400 quid fitted, and there's a cradle fitted onto the dash. I've never used it, and i presume it needs updating. Anyone any ideas if they're still any good and how eaxctly they work? I found something to do with it wired up into where the light in the center of the roof is.

How weird, I've got one these too and in the same dilema as yourself.:S

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
There's two types, detectors and jammers, the jammers will return a foriegn laser to a mobile speed camera 'Jamming' it, detectors are like a sat nav, they have a database of all the fixed locations and beep when you drive towards one.

Jammers are illeagal, although they can also be used as garage door openers hence them being on sale, but think before you have them fitted, do you own a garage? cos if a plod pulls you and notices it you'll have some explaining to do

Detectors, although the name is missleading doesn't actually detect speed camera's, like I said before they are just a database, some will however tell you if a laser is fired at your car, but by this point it'll usually be too late.

Hope this helps, if you need any info go on the Snooper website

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

The wire going to the roof may be the antenna??