ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radar detectors

R35 GTR
I am starting to wish these are banned.............

A police radar gun fires out a radar/laser, then.....................a radar/laser detector in the unit calculates the speed.

so if they are banned wouldnt that mean the end of speed cameras etc............???????????????

This is from an engineering POV.

Dave.

yeah but it will be same old same old. normal person gets caught going 38mph in a 30 and gets done. police man gets caught doing 150mph in his police car and gets let off. the rules and laws in this country need sorting out.

I think what Dave is getting at is that the police must use a radar detector to pick up a return signal from the radar gun and get a speed, therefore if they are banned for use in cars by motorists, technically speaking the detector should be outlawed from the radar gun as well, rendering them useless.

Though that will sadly never happen, as the wording on the legislation is something along the lines of "prohibit the use of detecting devices that are used to detect and evade active cameras".

In other words, they'll ban radar detectors then use more mobile cameras to catch more motorists as the mobile ones won't be on GPS databases and you won't be able to pick them up with a detector as it will be illegal. (3 points is planned iirc). :mad:

Might have to take mine apart and hard wire it in somewhere inconspicuous... :evil: