ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Code!

172 Exclusive No.171
I'm trying to enter the radio pin code and no matter what i try it doesn't seem to accept it!

On the Paper with the code on its got some instructions about turning the ignition on and off but i'm not sure i understand it!

Its a phase1 '01 plate with standard cd headunit, I've read through some posts about holding 6 down after you've entered the pin but it just bleeps and comes up with 'CODE'! Then i have to wait 2 mins for it to reset to try again!

Please Help!

172 Exclusive No.171
Quick Update, so far i've tried

Using the stick rather then the buttons to enter the code, holding down the button on the bottom to enter

Using the buttons and holding down 6

Swearing lots and shouting!

Any ideas?

Da

Less
Not the original H/U that came with the car?

Did the ph1 172 come with a CD player, the ph1 vee's didn't!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Do you not have the radio handbook?
as i thought you could only enter the code via the fingertip controls if it has them, and i think you press the source button to enter it on the finger tip controls

Or as da says its not the original head unit??

Da

Less
Digging around I am now 99% certain that ph1 172's didn't come with a CD headunit, they had tape players fitted as standard. Sounds like yours has been upgraded so the code will never work if it's the one in your handbook from Renault.

172 Exclusive No.171
On the Exclusive they came with a CD headunit as standard! I was entering the code correctly, but unfortunately it was the wrong bloody code! Luckily got a mate at renault who sorted it for me! Think i was inputing some security code that the guy at the garage told me it was the radio code!

Feel like a right muppet! Thanks for the replys guys!

P.s Quite impressed with the sound system!

Mk2 1.2 Campus
The one on the card isn't the radio code. You're sorted now so no problem but if anyone needs it you should contact the renault dealer the car was bought from and they supply it for free.