ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio gets louder the faster I go..

R26.r #156

Anyone know how to change the setting to stop it doing this. Ill have a look in my manual but its at home and ill have another drive home twiddling all the way...

Thanks, Mike.

Da

Less

change it for an aftermarket one! lol!

No seriously mate, it can be done. Its that long since i had my standard one i cant remember, but it can be done!

As the engine revs increase, the alternator runs faster, causing it to generate a higher voltage, which is fed into the radio, causing it to get louder... :eek:

Nah, seriously, do something like press "src" on your radio for about 2 secs. It will beep and enter an advanced config screen. I cant remember what the option is called, something like Speed probably. Set it to zero.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by White16valver on 25 August 2005
I thought it was a good idea! Get fed up having to turn it down at every set of lights so Im not drawing attention to myself lol

NOISEY ESSEX BOYRACERS!

:p

R26.r #156

All sorted, thanks guys. You hold down the SRC button and you get the settings menu "SPEED" is now at zero. Fanx

No more twiddling whilst driving, ooo sir

l8r

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by cableguy on 25 August 2005

Anyone know how to change the setting to stop it doing this. Ill have a look in my manual but its at home and ill have another drive home twiddling all the way...
From memory, you push & hold the "SRC" button and a menu comes up, you alter it in there

OH MY GOD, this is the answer I have been looking for. Nothing annoyed me more than going down the dual carriageway and the music getting all distorted, then slowing down to come off and the music practicly muting. No more will I have to explain over and over and over!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

It increases at 30, 50, 80, 100. errrrr i think ;) not that i was paying any attention

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Cheers for this. Ive actually found a way to stop the radio automatically searching after a few seconds when a station goes slightly out of tune! It really bugged me.

Anyone know exactly what the other options do? Rears on + off is self explanatory btw.