ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Knocking off! 182

RS 182 Cup
Hi my 182 cup's radio knocks off while driving after 20 min. I am aware of the radio feature that makes it knock off after 20min if the radio is left on and engine is off but this is while driving - beeps and then OFF!
Is this a radio fault? any ideas?
Thanks

Clio 172
Hi,
The radio in my 172 started doing this about 6 months ago. It might not do it for a few hours and then do it every few minutes. It bleeps and then 6 seconds later it switches off.
Andy

Dynamique
Just reviving this thread as I have a similar problem. To give you all an idea...Just bought an 03 1.2 dynamique, turned ignition on but radio didn't come on, so I manually turned it on. After 20mins it beeped then turned off. Is there some sort of sequence you have to do with the ignition and radio to get it to come on when the car is started and off when the key is taken out?

CLS, RS MEG
Open passenger door, the side of the dashboard has a fuse box cover, remove this. Cross reference the fuses with your owners manual, and pull out the fuse labelled brake light and cig lighter. Hold it up to the light, one should be broken. Had this happen twice on previous cars.

Dynamique
Tried what you said, checked the fuse but appears to be ok. Anything else I should check? It's not a major problem just a tad annoying having to manually turn on/off the radio!

Clio sport 182
renault are doing a recal on some radio where they either wont turn on or they turn off maybe perhaps pop in to a local dealer and have a word ????? and u get a new radio under the recal ;)

Evo 8 MR
Tried what you said, checked the fuse but appears to be ok. Anything else I should check? It's not a major problem just a tad annoying having to manually turn on/off the radio!

Change the fuses anyway pal, they often go but still look functional.

Theres also an image of what each fuse is for on the inside of the fuse box cover and it's got some spare fuses.