ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rain sensitive wipers

Arctic Blue 182

Hi all, hope someone can help.

Hope this hasnt been posted before. I did do a search to check.

Is there a way of turning off the rain sensitive wipers and just having adjustable intermitent? Or is it a case of only being able to alter the sensitivity? Its bloody annoying when it uses a whole swipe just for a few drops even on min sensitivity. I just want to be able to set the gaps between swipes.

I have consulted my manual but it only mentions altering the sensitivity.

Managed to turn the auto lights off though.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

No you cant turn them off, you can only alter the sensitivity or have them on full wipe. On the bright side if you do put it on full wipe, when you come to a stop it drops to intermittent.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

I thinks lights are cool - specially in tunnels, car parks etc in daytime!

wipers too - just means u can be lazy!

most ppl - VW, Merc & BMW charge a fortune for these gadgets

ENJOY

Arctic Blue 182

I didnt know it dropped to intermittent from full wipe. That is a good feature.

Overall Im impressed with the features on my 182. Some cool gadgets.

Just yesterday tho in the pouring rain the auto wipers always seem to be in two minds what to do, and in the end they just sent me bloody dizzy!

You can disconnect the sensor for them but there quite useful Ive found.

Why not just use the top setting as thats the off setting the first postion is for the auto wipers the later ones for manaul override.

Black 182 + Recaros

I like the auto lights also, but I dont like the auto wipers. They either wipe to often or not enough, so I always have to override them.

yeah the rain sensitive wipers suck mostly.. you spend all the time willing them to wipe lol. or else they go like really fast for no reason!

dk

911 GTS Cab

i like both the lights and the wipers and havent had a problem with the way the wipers work so far.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

The first week of ownership freaked me out.

I was on the motorway with cruise control on and it rained,so of course my lights came on then the wipers.All i was doing was holding on thinking of the movie Christine !!!