ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainbow or Focal?

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Going to upgrade my comps to either Focal or Rainbow soon.

Both get highly recommended on here but which would you choose out of the similarly priced sets for each?

Rainbow SLX230 Deluxe or Focal-Polyglass-130V1

Any specific sound differences/tendencies. I will be mainly listening to Alternative/Rock/Indie so want nice defined treble and seperated middle (with rock it can tends to muddy into the bass a bit). Not worried about quality of bass too much as I will be upgrading to a sub soon.

They will be amped too btw. Cheers for any opinions.

I was leaning towards Rainbow, as the Focals are more expensive, and I think they look nicer! Will deffo go for them if the treble is more noticeable on the Focal.

Can't afford the K2 range Tigger!

Any more opinions?

Thanks Dink.

Just seen some Rainbow SLC230's for sale over at Talk Audio. £75 = Bargain!

J

jamesy

i do find the treble on my k2 rather overpowering but after extensive tweeking of the system ive managed to get a good balance due to the many adjustments possible from the 9812:approve:

Tesla MP3 2021
i would go for the rainbow..
for what ive heard from them they are pretty good:)

Yeah cheers everyone.

Bought those Rainbows off the guy on TalkAudio, along with a 12" FLI sub with carpeted box, all for £120. I can always sell the sub if it's not to my liking.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Good choice on the comps

But Rainbow and Fli ? :eek:
thats like buying a Ferrari and putting Vauxhall stickers on it :S

172 coming soon
Diamond M3 Components.. Couldnt beat them with a big stick, and used by some serious pro installers...

But if your heart is set on either of the above, then Focal it is, IMO.. They have a clearer high volume sound for high frequencies, and they are a gift to fit

Tigger said:
Good choice on the comps

But Rainbow and Fli ? :eek:
thats like buying a Ferrari and putting Vauxhall stickers on it :S
I got it very cheap (£35) in a carpeted box along with the comps. If I don't like it I'll just sell it and get something better. They aren't supposed to be that bad anyway!

172 coming soon
Components are piss easy to fit.. I drew a wee diagram for someone else in the ICE section, so take a look at it..

If thats no good to ya, then just say, and il go into more detail, or do 1 with an amp installed