ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random Act of Violence on the Trophy..

RX7 FD
Im unsure how much he paid mate, i'd ask him but he's in spain lol! If you get a quote and your not happy with it though. drop me a pm and i will see if the bodyhop i work at can beat it? Its based in Aldershot though depends wether you'd want to drive a bit further?

Rob.

If your bodyshop does a good job and is fairly priced I never discount anything mate. The only thing being I want to be without a car for as short a time as possible and I have no idea how long these things take to do. Complete bodywork virgin :cool:

I got quotes for respraying my 172's front bumper, bonnet and wings.

Alexander Autos £500
Car Technicks £670

When I got my quote from Car Technicks they had a Lambo and a Ferrari being resprayed.

I don't mind paying that bit extra if the job is spot on. Judging from the quality of car they get, it has to be good. If you are going to get a job done you may as well get it done properly after all!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Huge dammage for a kick that - must have been Jaude Claude Van Dam or something! You can see it was something 'soft' that did the dammage as there is no dammage/scoring to the paint.

Something Not French
Thats some big feet he's got. This guy?

80-47_big_foot_guy0.gif

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Thats going to cost ~ £500 Sheets-

I have a local bodyshop very good if its a last resort as I can pay CIH-

Steve

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
that is some crazy damage for a kick and when driving past?! i would carry a baseball bat and ball so if next time anyone tried it i would play 'ball' with them

RX7 FD
that is some crazy damage for a kick and when driving past?! i would carry a baseball bat and ball so if next time anyone tried it i would play 'ball' with them

The thing you should remember is that even if you did that you still have to pay to get the damage repaired anyway so realistically whats the point.....whilst you are going to trial with a GBH/Attempted Murder charge ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Big Dave?

If you're that big you should have stopped and given them a dry slap.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
The thing you should remember is that even if you did that you still have to pay to get the damage repaired anyway so realistically whats the point.....whilst you are going to trial with a GBH/Attempted Murder charge ;)

i appreciate that but f*****s get away with murder it makes me laugh, how you should just do nothing and get on with your day is total bullshit.

A slow blue one.
So sorry to see that Dave :(
It's a shame because damage such as that can't even be a case of the green eyed monster, that's just basically being a c**t. You've got my sympathy mate, personally I keep a jock off wheel brace in the boot of my car for situations like, when I er... get a flat... ;)

Seriously though, I've got my fingers crossed it doesn't cost you too much because no-one deserves that, doesn't look like it'd be a cheap fix mind.

RX7 FD
Big Dave?

If you're that big you should have stopped and given them a dry slap.

I was tempted to get out my wet fish, weapon of choice, a trout. Then gone to town on them!

i appreciate that but f**kers get away with murder it makes me laugh, how you should just do nothing and get on with your day is total bulls**t.

Yes mate, I do agree with you. So so backward!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Wtf is it with Trophys getting smashed up around here at the moment?!

Scared to go out in mine now lol.

Best of luck getting it sorted, might be pm'ing ollie82. He works at an Aston Martin/Lotus bodyshop, & they have a proper panel beater on site iirc.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
^^^ dave they probably thought yours was already done over by the gay fairy...

S

Evo 5 RS
Although I feel for you, there is no way that's from a kick, you admitted yourself there is a dirt and scrape in the later pictures. That dirt mark suggests you've hit something or something has hit you, unless the t**t had concrete boots on in a size 20.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah doesn't look like a kick. If they were pissed up they could have been carrying something with the intent of lobbing it at a passing car?

182 FF
Every car I have owned has been accident damaged and to be fair some cars I have bought have suffered less damage when involved in collisions with other pieces of metal or concrete. I simply do not believe this is from a kick as you suggest unless you actually collided with the said person and then left the scene of an accident?

Last edited:
  RX7 FD
Every car I have owned has been accident damaged and to be fair some cars I have bought have suffered less damage when involved in collisions with other pieces of metal or concrete. I simply do not believe this is from a kick as you suggest unless you actually collided with the said person and then left the scene of an accident?

The damage and the dirt/dust are clearly from something like a shoe or boot. There is extremely little actual damage to the paintwork so the object that struck the T had to be soft. I.e Rubber and covered in dirt/dust from the driveway/path that was there. The maximum indentation damage done was also at thigh height for me (I am roughly 5"10) So unless this person rolled around on the floor first before flinging himself at the car or rolled another object in the dirt before using it. I am 100% sure I did not make contact with a person in the sense of a hit and run. I think I may also have noticed someone bouncing off my car when looking in the rear view! The interception of pretty soft rear wing and something solid but rubber at roughly 25-30 mph + whatever speed the object was going out in my opinion would definitely cause panel damage such as that.

There was also no other damage to the car in the forms of Wing Mirrors or any other sticky out bit. Plus I am not stupid to post damage of a hit and run on a pretty open website as that would be incredibly moronic! I did also fail to pick any blood/hair/semen/nails out of my paintwork.

The only other explaination being a really dirty lady pleasure device that was flung at the T....

White clique
the bit that confuses me is that there are 2 dents, the big one, then the thinner one to the right of it running along under the window. To put a dent in that bit of the panel would mean they would have to have booted it massively hard! They must have lobbed something at it IMO. How fast were you going?

182 Trophy #333
gutting mate :( another Basingstoke Trophy gets a beating, i used Iain from Dent Wizard in Reading to get all my dents out, but like everyones said thats a bodyshop job right there. Hope ya get it sorted mate, feelin gutted for ya!

Evo 5 RS
Rubber, plastic,mahogany lol. Like a tree! Or a traffic island.. ;)

I'm not trolling, if you're being genuine you're off your rocker! You physically wouldn't be able to kick a moving car and cause that amount of impact (at least not without regretting it afterward). Maybe he had a huge rubber mallet, who knows....

2nd Black 1.2
heat up the dent with a heat gun/hairdrier but not too much to damage the paint, get a can of computer cleaning CO2, turn the can upside down and spray onto the heat so its liquid, heat contracts with the cold, a pop and a bang the dents out :)

youtube it, srsly.

Clio Sport 182
Could well have been a kick, was out with my mate before when some drugged up blokeys almost twice our age started on us so we jumped into his car 58 plate corsa which was pretty much brand new at the time of the incident and went to drive off. They then thought it would be a laugh to running boot his front wing which caused a s**t load of damage. Good luck getting it sorted

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I had exactly the same damage on my 1.2 a few years back from a kick. Cnuts.

Sorry to see this Dave mate, bodyshop wise I'd recommend Auto Panel Craft in Fleet, they did some work on my Trophy at the beginning of the year and were excellent. Not the cheapest quote I had, by a long shot, but the quality of work was superb.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Hmmm. That quarter has had a right old thump, regardless as to what actually did it.

If you are shopping around for a cost to do it, feel free to pop in to my place and i'll have our panel beater look over it. Im at Panel-Wise in Weybridge.
Obviously it will need the quarter painting but being a straight red rather than a metallic, you may find that the colour may not need blending into the door to get a decent match. Ergo, it'll be cheaper.

Whatever you do, don't plump for the cheapest price. It will only mean that they will knock it out only so far and then fill it full of filler to get the shape back. A decent beater should be able to get it back to somewhere near where it was.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A decent panel beater will "dress" most of the damage out after removing the door card and it should require filler but if "dressed" correctly it should be a minimal amount.

You don't want a new quarter panel fitted. Oh and make sure they know it's not a solid colour red. It'll surprise you the amount of garages still getting this wrong. It's clearover base.

RX7 FD
Hmmm. That quarter has had a right old thump, regardless as to what actually did it.

If you are shopping around for a cost to do it, feel free to pop in to my place and i'll have our panel beater look over it. Im at Panel-Wise in Weybridge.
Obviously it will need the quarter painting but being a straight red rather than a metallic, you may find that the colour may not need blending into the door to get a decent match. Ergo, it'll be cheaper.

Whatever you do, don't plump for the cheapest price. It will only mean that they will knock it out only so far and then fill it full of filler to get the shape back. A decent beater should be able to get it back to somewhere near where it was.

Cheers for the advice Ollie, I will be getting multiple quotes and work out the best course of action. Definite firm believer in paying for good quality. Pay properly once and never have to worry again! Also recommendations are key, so I will keep you in mind.

A decent panel beater will "dress" most of the damage out after removing the door card and it should require filler but if "dressed" correctly it should be a minimal amount.

You don't want a new quarter panel fitted. Oh and make sure they know it's not a solid colour red. It'll surprise you the amount of garages still getting this wrong. It's clearover base.

I will keep that in mind Gally. I don't know too much about paint if I am honest and didn't know there could be a difference like that!

I had exactly the same damage on my 1.2 a few years back from a kick. Cnuts.

Sorry to see this Dave mate, bodyshop wise I'd recommend Auto Panel Craft in Fleet, they did some work on my Trophy at the beginning of the year and were excellent. Not the cheapest quote I had, by a long shot, but the quality of work was superb.

Cheers Luke definitely keep them in mind too!

gutting mate :( another Basingstoke Trophy gets a beating, i used Iain from Dent Wizard in Reading to get all my dents out, but like everyones said thats a bodyshop job right there. Hope ya get it sorted mate, feelin gutted for ya!

I sent them a little cheeky email with a photo attached last night Badger just to see if there was anything they can do! Thanks too :approve:

Clio 197
good luck getting it fixed, idiots like this make me mad!

Thats one hell of a dent though, i had some gypos kick my old RT years ago, made a hell of a BANG and there was only a slight dent with more scraping from what i remember. The fact that you didnt hear much when you drove past is what confused me.

My car got kicked by some homeless person as I drove past a few weeks ago. Stopped and got my breakers bar out the back and chased the little c unit. He runs quicked.

Sorry to hear this but try reversing over them next time (Y)

looks to me like a sang bag or similar has been thrown at it, it wouldnt make much of a noise. they are easily found on roadsides (used to weight down traffic cones etc. and it will explain the paint scrapes.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Sorry, but that aint a kick - I know, i've seen one on a 6 week old Fiesta of the missus... that's either a breeze block, or you've hit a post. Or of course, been hit. End of the day - who cars - it's gotta be sorted. £800 seems a good price, but certainly spec the place doing it though mate - you want a mint job - and make sure it's warrantied for at least 3 years.