ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random limp mode

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
The car randomly went into limp mode the other week, I put my mates fault code reader on it and it came up with two fault codes, knock sensor and pre cat lambda. I replaced the knock sensor with a Renault item and replaced both lambdas with Bosch ones. The car seemed to run a lot better, feeling more powerful as well.

The car ran perfect for 3 weeks until recently going back into limp mode twice in 2 days. It has also started in limp mode a couple of times as well as feeling a little big sluggish. Also the emissions light came on solid a couple of days before taking it to the garage yesterday. I do suffer from yozza blow which I'm hoping to fix in the next few weeks! Lol

I got it into the garage yesterday to be plugged into clip, they couldn't get it to go into limp mode however there was a stored fault:

incoherence between throttle potentiometer track 1 and 2

he said without further investigation he suggested it could be 3 things - throttle body, throttle body wiring and ecu.

Can anybody explain the fault and suggest what to do next? Worth cleaning the throttle body and checking the connectors aren't corroded or get a second hand throttle body and bang it on?

Cheers

PB172,dci100,dci65
It is possible that the throtle wiring is broken. It is more possible because you say it is random. I would inspect that first.