ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rapidshare... broken?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Is it just me that's having massive rapidshare problems??

Tried to download something last night and my DL rate (free user, not paid) is horredous.

Previously I'd get reasonably respectable speeds, but it's like 1hr for 200mb now?

Just wanted to know whether it's BT throttling me or RS?

Cupra
Are you using the rapidshare download manager? I get s**t speeds on that but full bandwidth with "down them all".

As some of you have noticed already, we have reduced download speeds for free users (currently about 30 kb/s). We have been forced to implement this measure as a result of significantly increased abuse statistics after recent external events.
We are aware that this restriction also affects the legitimate use of RapidShare. Please be assured that we will optimize our procedures as soon as possible in order to avoid such collateral damage.

That was posted on the Facebook page the other day. I got around 200k/s earlier without being logged in to my premium account, went back up to 5mb/s once logged in. I'm still getting pretty pap consistency with RS through BT during peak hours where it starts at 5mb/s, drops to 2, climbs back up and then drops again.

Since the MU raid and the other hosters going to none sharing a lot of people have had to fall back to RS and they clearly can't cope.