ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rare Sight?

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Cant be many about surely? :cool:

WP_20180317_11_36_29_Rich_LI.jpg

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
lol, nice. Although the 172 is a Ps measurement so technically your OCD should be tripping balls.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Well the official number is, yeah. It's about 170bhp officially. Chump change in the grand scheme of things

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
So been back for another run this year, slightly improved on last year. Only change has been a better filter is now on the car ?

Few more mods to be done for next year I think
IMG_20190720_114716.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
What’s the details on your car? Ie mileage, recent service?

Seems strange a fresh filter would give 6hp. They don’t give much power gains with items like filters

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Not
What’s the details on your car? Ie mileage, recent service?

Seems strange a fresh filter would give 6hp. They don’t give much power gains with items like filters

Not been serviced for ages. It's 135k currently ? well it had a random filter that I had laying about on it before so switched it to a ramair which I think feels better when driving atleast. Seems to show an improvement

Other than that I don't think anything has been changed since the last time.

How much of a gain is likely to be seen from a 182 over a 172 manifold. Is it actually 10hp?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Decent results there, although I always thought that filters placed there are less effective than behind the headlight?

It would definitely help with heat soak at least.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Decent results there, although I always thought that filters placed there are less effective than behind the headlight?

It would definitely help with heat soak at least.

Iv changed it again now 😁

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I can tell you where the extra power has come from. No doubt you've done the power run with the bonnet up. Massive reduces heat soak.

Unless you drive around with no bonnet, try a power run with the bonnet closed. I used to see this regularly in my saxo VTS days.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I can tell you where the extra power has come from. No doubt you've done the power run with the bonnet up. Massive reduces heat soak.

Unless you drive around with no bonnet, try a power run with the bonnet closed. I used to see this regularly in my saxo VTS days.
See vid mate, bonnet down on both runs 😊

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
It’s obviously a decent lump as SRR isn’t usually a place for over inflated power figures.

But... it’s probably a waste of time comparing the two graphs on different days though isn’t it? Especially with the large temperature differential there. I guess it depends how accurate the DD temp correction is.

What’s surprising is the 9°c intake temp on an open ended filter that’d be sucking air after it’s flowed over a radiator inside an engine bay.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
It’s obviously a decent lump as SRR isn’t usually a place for over inflated power figures.

But... it’s probably a waste of time comparing the two graphs on different days though isn’t it? Especially with the large temperature differential there. I guess it depends how accurate the DD temp correction is.

What’s surprising is the 9°c intake temp on an open ended filter that’d be sucking air after it’s flowed over a radiator inside an engine bay.

I'm no expert with any of this just find it Interesting seeing what the differences are. I think the run this weekend will be more of a comparison with the original graph as temps should be similar seeing as they are the same time of year 😊

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you run the car today and then again tomorrow you would see different figures lots of variables affect RR results bit of a lottery to a few bhp each way.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The de-cat will do sweet fa for power really, just add noise, the inlets will help slightly though, im guessing 182 ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think hes just doing it for abit of fun, everyone knows theres alot of factors to duno runs and no one should really take them to seriously, but it does at least give you a rough idea if your cars down or power or not... probably.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I think hes just doing it for abit of fun, everyone knows theres alot of factors to duno runs and no one should really take them to seriously, but it does at least give you a rough idea if your cars down or power or not... probably.
This mate 😁 I know it's a solid engine and I just pop it on the Dyno for the annual rr day I go to 😊

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
This mate 😁 I know it's a solid engine and I just pop it on the Dyno for the annual rr day I go to 😊

I went there years ago (maybe 10yrs or so) when the late JGM mapped my sti. Was on a film studio grounds or something, is it still in same place?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
181 next time id say.

While there will always be variances in RR's, running on the same rollers at the same place is as close as your going to get to keeping it accurate and getting to measure your results of your work! Looks like a strong engine that one, good given the miles just shows that low mileage isn't the be all and end all!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
181 next time id say.

While there will always be variances in RR's, running on the same rollers at the same place is as close as your going to get to keeping it accurate and getting to measure your results of your work! Looks like a strong engine that one, good given the miles just shows that low mileage isn't the be all and end all!

Ime high miles on a car makes a stronger engine if Serviced well