ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rare Yellow Ph1 172 from Holland

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
After years of driving a Saab 9-3 Turbo i sold it and bought myself a Clio RS.
It has been in mine possession for a whopping 2 weeks :rolleyes:
dsc01919wn.jpg

Very standard state, but realy realy hated the "Campus" wheels (way to "cute" for such a pocket rocket).
Wanted something way more agressive for this car, it deserves it :clap:
Got some 17" Wolfrace wheels wich needed some major TLA for a steal ;)
After allot of painting and TLA they ended up like this (these are the original colors).
img0083zmo.jpg

img0086pi.jpg

I already fitted it with a large amount of goodies :

JVC KD-AVX22 (Mutimedia system)
OMP Steering wheel (with boss)
Upgraded the Speakers for some Kickers
A custom made exhaust
Xenon slim ballast Kit (6000k €27 ebay steal :cool:)
Original 197 RS Grill emblem

And since last weekend i fitted it with the most extreme upgrade.
A set of Raceland Coilovers !
img0104fd.jpg

Upcomming :

RS Sport 197 emblem
New chip to up the power a bit.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Thanx, i realy realy like it drives totally different from al my previous cars.
I'm always looking for ways to improve it :D

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Dont colour code i like it like that tbh

I was thinking about painting the trims aswell, but thought i would go for some phs2 trims and painting them.
If it doesn't work out i can always place back the original trims :)

Nice to hear you all like her, i fell in love with the color aswell :evil:
The only real drawback is the small difference in color with the steel/plastic parts.:(
But i guess we will have to deal with it.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well gave her a good clean today and let her shine in her own photoshoot.
Made some beter quality picture's so you guys can enjoy the full "sunflower" yellow experience :clap:

dsc01944a.jpg

dsc01945yn.jpg

dsc01946bg.jpg

dsc01948jh.jpg

dsc01950wv.jpg

dsc01951d.jpg

dsc01953u.jpg

dsc01952g.jpg

Meg 225
I'm from Zuid-limburg so that's the other side of Holland, clioclub.nl is a nice forum but i'm finding this forum much more fun/usefull

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Looks good! Love sunflower! although I'm not too sure on the 17's.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well much has been done on the sunflower.
The ebay exhaust was terrible, you could use the middle part but the rear part was not fitting at all so please stay away !
Decided to make the backpart a custom one, will place picture's of the result soon.

But there's more !

After driving with the 17" i have to agree with some of you, they have some drawbacks.
So i decided to go 16", and only realy wanted the original oz look.
Enough 15" ones for sale but i did not want these, after a 400km drive i picked up some 16" ones.
These are the original oz especially made for Renault (on the spokes ;) ).
I believe these are very very rare, especially here in the netherlands.

Picked them up in this state :
viesv.jpg

After some cleaning :
velgenschoon.jpg

binnenkant3.jpg

binnenkant2.jpg

binnenkant.jpg

I am painting them the same color as the 17", realy liked the combination of this color with the sunflower.
Already in the process of painting the first alloy so i can give you a spoiler very shortly :cool:

Last edited:
Those wheels will look great the same colour as the Wolfrace ones. Do you have centre caps or are you going to have to buy them? :p

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
16" F1s will look fantastic on the sunflower! Look forward to seeing them on it :cool:

Clio RS
look lovely.
been looking for original 16s for ages, but couldn't find them so bought them from oz

do these have any numbers in them? so maybe I could order them new from Renault?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well a big update :D
Decided to paint the alloy's silver instead of the 1st choice, they where to dark for my taste.

dsc019552.jpg

dsc019562g.jpg

Will lower it a bit more in the front ;) And painted the bullets glossy black with red 2.0 16v emblem :)

dsc019572.jpg

And yes there is an Phase 2 bumper on the sunflower ;), needs some small tweaks to let it fit to a Phase 1.
Will get painted within 2 weeks.

I realy like the looks of the new bumper, and especially when fitting some (15mm) spacers to the back. :cool:
dsc019582.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Looks great! I need 16" f1's :( i will say i prefer ph1 bumper though ;)

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Thanks stu, thank you for pointing me in the right way, color wize :cool:
Well its good everybody has different taste then :eek:

Maybe this will help you make your choice on the bullets, i like the way the back breaks the car up this way.

Last edited:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Thanks stu, thank you for pointing me in the right way, color wize :cool:
Well its good everybody has different taste then :eek:

Maybe this will help you make your choice on the bullets, i like the way the back breaks the car up this way.

Haha anytime ;) And thats true matey :) Does look good with black strips!! Very OEM+ With the silver 16's. Think i need to go on the hunt for some :cool: Cup spoiler next?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Cup spoiler next?
Well i have been watching for a spoiler V6/Cup to be ownest but as all Renault Sport cars/parts they are pretty rare here.
The good thing is that you drive pretty exceptional cars, the bad is that the parts are very expensive and very hard to come by :p