ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rattle at about 3800.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Just had belts a dephaser done with an oil change. Prior to that it was making lots of noise on tick over and at 3800.

It's also got a knackered drive shaft which is yet to be fixed. I was hoping it was this but the noise is there whilst standing still and revving.

But apart from that the engine feels strong. Revs well all over. Gearbox and clutch feel good too.

Any ideas? Heat shield or dogbone? It's my 4th mk2 rs but never had one make this noise. I've tried to record but doesn't pick it up well. It sounds like it's from the bottom of the car.
Ta

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Think ive got found it. The ECU bracket was broken. I bodged it with some cable ties and the noise improved, I think if a make a new bracket the noise will go 100%

2014 Clio 200t edc
I've got a rattle at 3k-ish revs too but I've already bodged my ecu bracket as it was broken. Would love to know what it is!!

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Update, its not solved. Its really annoying seens as Ive just spent a load on the belts and dephaser.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I hope so. I've been under it, around it, fixed 2 heatshield mounting points, but the middle section seems fine. Hope it's nothing serious!!

Clio Sport 172 Ph1
Check the manifold gasket, had a tin like rumble on mine, changed the gasket, 100% quite

2014 Clio 200t edc
Found it!! The bolt that holds the alternator away bar to the block is missing!! Give yours a check (if you have one)