ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle noise under the car 172

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As above, it sounds like it's on the back end, thaught it was the exhaust but the exhaust looks fine and changed the exhaust mount rubber the one which is held by the 3 bolts changed that 1 week ago. The only time it rattles is then you rev it more than 4 maybe 5 plus k revs.

Any ideas?

M235i / 172
Ahh, well mines got a bit of a rattle.. think its the baffles in the center box.. heard its a bit common on the k-tec.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is there any way of getting it checked if it is the exhaust instead of taking it off?

Also does the car struggle to breath when the bafflers go, had a few mates in the car last night and it didn't sound quit right when coasting,

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
mine does this too when it gets warm, standard system on the 182. Presume its the cat. Just ignore it :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Tbh would do my nut in if it dosn't get sorted, it's only just started making this sound 2 weeks ago, can the exhaust system get checked by a local garage not a Renault?

try tapping/shaking the box with it in-situ. if it doesn't do it then, you'd have to whip the silencers off to give them a good shake

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
If it is the baffles, when the engine is cold give it a few revs they'll be no noise and when the engines warm theres a noise? I'll take it to a garage with a pit or whatever and get them to give it a shake the exhaust

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I had this issue with a K-Tec stealth, the common issue stated above, baffles in centre section had come loose.

When warm it rattled at about 3.5-4k rpm and upwards.......sounded like a can of spanners being shaken. Only happens when warm as the metal expands and therefore gives the internals space to move and resonate.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Past couple of days there hasn't been a rattle even with abit of revs, seems abit strange. It comes and goes the rattle