ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle on Start Up & Changing Gear - Manifold/Cat

Renault Clio 182 Cup
Hi everyone,

Would appreciate some advice/comments on the following issue I am having:

When I start up my 182 Cup there is a large rattling sound from the centre of the car which seems to vibrate down the exhaust pipe and also when I change gear a smaller one. My manifold to cat joint was recently fixed at a garage (Bolts had rusted through) but they didn't use the OEM gasket & spring/bolt I have seen installed in other posts. Do you reckon replacing this with OEM part should solve the issue?

I have recently replaced my rear exhaust mounts and purchased a new centre rubber mount, (aware the centre one may not fit with my milltek exhaust system) as the rubber had perished and this has slightly improved the magnitude of the rattle.

As I said, any comments would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Craig

172 cup, Impreza P1
Have a look and see if the manifold is touching the heat shield or subframe where it passes through over the subframe to the underside of the car. If it is it could be needing a small tweek or the engine pulled forward. Both of which should be relatively easy. Your dog one gearbox mount could be faulty too causing to much engine movement. This can be fixed by changing it with a new one or replacing the bushes with polyurethane ones.